• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something Rotten In Denmark

48 posts in this topic

This will pass. The hunt continues. You have a lot of support here...you should know that by now.

Given what's just happened, does ANYONE have low grade Detective Comics 3, 4, and 5, or know someone who does, so something could be worked out to make me feel a little less sick ???

If anyone does, it wouldn't half be appreciated by me. I would be eternally grateful.

Hey, Rush, you get the feeling I'm talking to myself? makepoint.gif

I'm sorry Redhook. I thought your post was marvellous. But I cannot begin to put into words the dizzying nausea that I feel. I have lost five thousand dollars and have no chance of getting my three Detective Comics, and much as I want to follow your advice, I just feel dizzy and sick.

Ian,

Follow redhook's advice of reason. And do us a favor---PM a few folks here or post if you have the opportunity at a future deal BEFORE you commit. We all want to make sure you don't get burned again. Although I am outraged for events like this, you need to take steps to better protect yourself in the future. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Sterling

Ian,

Follow redhook's advice of reason. And do us a favor---PM a few folks here or post if you have the opportunity at a future deal BEFORE you commit. We all want to make sure you don't get burned again.

Yes. Posting my wants list so publicly on here was a double edged sword. It's caused me to locate and purchase a couple of hundred comics that I would otherwise probably not have found. Up till that point I'd only purchased from known dealers like Harley Yee, Metropolis, Robert Rogovin, Joe Verenault, Rich Muchin, and never had any risk of getting my fingers burned.

In the cold light of day, I guess that for all the good it most certainly has indeed brought me, it also left me open to opportunistic parasites as well. But THIS one makes no sense to me at all.

Ian, don't waste any of your energy trying to make sense of it. All it takes is a couple of worms, to make it seem like the whole orchard is bad. Not true.

Slow down. Detach from this for a short time as I suggested, and come back with a clearer head. Stick to the methods that got you this far. I think the idea of the PMs is great. Play your cards closer and be patient. You are going to do this!

And try, if possible, to have some fun, as you approach your victory lap! thumbsup2.gif

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone here on these boards has just sussed who he is.

He goes under the name of Chicken Devil, and he's one of the Moderators on the CPG forum.

He's had 7857 postings on there.

His name is Lars, he's from Denmark, from the town of Hjoerring.

IT ALL MATCHES.

Now WHY ?????

And DOES he have Detective Comics 3, 4, and 5 ???

If he's a MODERATOR on there, and if he is seriously knowledgeable about comics, WHY HAS HE DONE THIS, AND LIED SO OUTRAGEOUSLY ???

I HAVE to find out.