• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for St. Patrick's Day

46 posts in this topic

Back on topic: cool.gif

Definitely buying:

Abadazad #2 - #1 surprised the hell out of me

Adventures of Superman #626 - Godfall is kinda fizzling out

DC The New Frontier #3 - great so far and love Cooke!

Fantastic Four #511 - can't wait to see how this wraps up

New X-Men #154 - eh...this better save the arc; done with the book regardless

Will flip through and possibly buy:

Daredevil #58 - didn't like #57's turn much

Runaways #13 - final chance to stay on the pull list; last 3 issues = frown.gif

Ultimate Spider-Man #55 - didn't like the Black Cat arc much and #54 didn't grab me; I've loved it up until recently confused-smiley-013.gif

Picked up today:

Thor: Son of Asgard #1 - nice read, better than I expected.

Thanos #8 - Crunch away, baby! Giffin has impressed me filling in Starlin's shoes

Thor #76 - I'm telling ya guys - way underrated! Jurgens has Thor fans salivating.

Superman/Batman #8 - Love Turner's art, this series has maintained a high level of quality so far...

All in all, a good week of books! thumbsup2.gif

This week I picked up:

Adventures of Superman #626

>Blah

Amazing Spider-Man #505

>Not terrible, just sort of there. Glad JR Jr. is taking a break. So long Straczynski/Avery, it was a good try... I fear what and who might take over for them. Better the devil you know I guess...

Aquaman #16

>I have been liking the new direction

Daredevil #58

>Best book this week

DCU: The New Frontier #3

>Very good. Somewhat soured by my personal experiences last week.

Fantastic Four #511

>Good. The ending didn't offend me as it has some forum members, but I haven't been holding Waid and Wieringo up to Lee & Kirby either. Makes the Thing's death in 508 seem like a cheap gimmick to get the FF to meet their "creator".

Marvel Masterworks: Fantastic Four Vol.6

>Here's the real deal. Time for Volumes 7-10 to finish off the rest of Lee/Kirby FF.

Mighty Love Hardcover

>Chaykin strikes back. Good, fun, adult read. No American Flagg! but decent enough. If you are iffy on this wait for the softcover.

The Moth Special

>Steve Rude is a god. A weird god... but one nonetheless. Fun, old-fashioned silver-age style superheroics.

Runaways #13

>Definitely an improvement as we learn the secret origin of the Pride.

Superman/Batman #8

>I'm no fan of Michael Turner's art, but this was a very decent effort with a fun mystery courtesy of Mr. Loeb.

Superman: Secret Identity #3

>Excellent. A great real-world take on Superman with gorgeous Immonen artwork.

Teen Titans #9

>Fun. Johns and McKone deliver again.

Thanos #8

>Still very good. Interesting cosmic crossovers (with Starlord, Gladiator and the Beyonder!) with some of Lim's best work in years. Giffen seems to be working out fine.

Kev

Marvel Masterworks: Fantastic Four Vol.6

>Here's the real deal. Time for Volumes 7-10 to finish off the rest of Lee/Kirby FF.

Amen to that!

Superman/Batman #8

>I'm no fan of Michael Turner's art, but this was a very decent effort with a fun mystery courtesy of Mr. Loeb.

I don't like Turner's art either and I felt that the mystery was a bit contrived since the foreign language was untranslated. Had it not been, the last page reveal would have been sort of ho-hum.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan