• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Quick WW Austin Report with some pics of mainly wall books

10 posts in this topic

I had a very quick visit to WW Austin on Friday. Due to some family committments this weekend, I was only able to stay a couple of hours. I took a buddy of mine with me who doesn't collect comics but is a MOTU fan and collects old toys and such. I met Richard Evans, Mr. Bedrock, who is every bit as nice as he is in PM conversations and every bit as willing to share his vast knowledge on comics. As usual he had great and tempting books. My buddy bought a DC Comics Presents #47 from him (so he got his MOTU fix and now owns his first comic).

Also spoke with Steve Ritter, Worldwide Comics. Amazingly nice guy.

Met Boyd - Black Cat Comics. Another very nice guy. He had an Exciting #28 and #30 - both of which I already own, but for those that know Nedors, know those are very tough books to come by.

And spent a little time at Harley Yee's booth.

Outside of that, there wasn't much in GA which is what I collect.

I ended up not buying anything. Wanted to stay focused on the comic runs I am currently working and didn't find anything :sorry:

And on to the pics....

A very cool R2D2 that some guy built on his own. It was remote controlled and he said it took him two years to build. He said it gets him in quite a few places. I asked him who was inside.

d30ea3a6.jpg

And the obligatory Batmobile pic

948cb104.jpg