• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE:Values

23 posts in this topic

What do you collect? Right now I am still all over the board but eventually I will figure out which genres to hoard oops I mean collect

What do I collect? Disney, Barks, Horror, Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, and Modern Age, Archie, Neal Adams, Art Adams... 27_laughing.gif

What do you collect? Right now I am still all over the board but eventually I will figure out which genres to hoard oops I mean collect

What do I collect? Disney, Barks, Horror, Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, and Modern Age, Archie, Neal Adams, Art Adams... 27_laughing.gif

The real question is what doesn't he collect 893whatthe.gif

IYO, what is the most undervalued GA book, based on OS price guide, that you collect? confused-smiley-013.gif

Lots of undervalued GA books out there. One of my favorites which I've been after for a long time without any luck is Wings #90. A classic classic good girl cover and yet valued at only $190 in OS guide. A slightly more expensive one would be Blue Bolt #105 which features a truly classic L.B. Cole and valued at only $575.

The real question is what doesn't he collect 893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif Holy cow! Bonds, when do you sleep?! Do you have some kind of search-and-bid program?!

893whatthe.gif Holy cow! Bonds, when do you sleep?! Do you have some kind of search-and-bid program?!

27_laughing.gif I have high speed internet access at work, so I just sit on Ebay all day and bid. I really do need to get a life! insane.gif

I am just settling into a new home and have not set up my computers all the way yet. Just working off a laptop in the kitchen for the time being. Hopefully in a couple of months. By the way, IMO one of the most undervalued are the superman war covers. Compared to the early campy covers there is just no comparison.

IMO one of the most undervalued are the superman war covers. Compared to the early campy covers there is just no comparison.

thumbsup2.gif Truth: Action 53, 54, 59, 62, 63 in "Good" for $108.

Here are a couple of other undervalued runs to consider:

-Kubert Hawkman in Flash Comics 63-76 for $76 in Good.

-Raboy WWII covers on Master Comics 36-40 for $59 in Good. 893whatthe.gif

By the way, IMO one of the most undervalued are the superman war covers. Compared to the early campy covers there is just no comparison.

In agreement with you here. I've noticed that books such as Superman #14 (classic patriotic cover) and Superman #23 (German submarine cover) continually sell for substantial amounts over guide in ALL grades. 893whatthe.gif

IYO, what is the most undervalued GA book, based on OS price guide, that you collect? confused-smiley-013.gif

No question about it - Pep Comics 22-65 are all extremely undergraded in guide. $1,233 for a "Good" Pep #22? I'd buy those all day for that price.

No question about it - Pep Comics 22-65 are all extremely undergraded in guide. $1,233 for a "Good" Pep #22? I'd buy those all day for that price.

Yes, virtually impossible to find high grade early Archies. These books appear to be extememely rare in grade since they were generally bought to be read. Still being published after 60 years and yet only around 500 copies from this publisher have been CGC'ed after all this time. Especially significant when you consider alll of the absolute thousands and thousands of DC's and Timelys/Marvels which have been graded during this same time period.

I would be more than willing to buy any early high grade Archies at anywhere close to guide if they ever show up in the marketplace.