• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #648 sketch cover Megathread

913 posts in this topic

Continuing the theme :)

Spidey catching a quick break at noon with a BLT Subway, chips and coke (I mean the beverage). They say eating on the run isn't healthy, wonder what the dietician would say about eating up side down (:

Brian Hurt did a great job exceeding my expectations, I got to admit this piece ranks top 5 in my collection right now :)

brianhurtt001.jpg

I don't usually spam around (already posted on 'display your spider-man ss') but I feel real proud of these bad boys! Especially the Cheungs, so here they go one more time ;)

Alex Maleev

alexmaleev.jpg

Jim Cheung

jimcheungvenom.jpg jimcheungcarnage.jpg

Dang those Venom & Carnage sketches are whack hot.

Had to bump this thread too :bump: (I'm such a shameless spammer...I know)

Last year I was able to contact Garry Shipman and arrange 3 commissions with him. We discussed everything pretty quickly and smoothly, he's cool guy I have nothing but good things to say about him. After just a couple of days he emailed me with scans of his work, I was thrilled! He nailed all my request and I must say he's stuck to the reference pics and the descriptions I gave him perfectly! He has a unique style and does wonders with his paint, I'm very happy with the 'finished product'. It took a long while to get them back from CGC but they finally came in about a month ago.

Spider-man 3 movie poster inspired (back and front) the ambiance is great!

garyshipman004.jpggaryshipman003.jpg

Spidey on the lookout ready to kicks some criminal butt!

garyshipman002.jpg

This one came out great, I think Garry is also happy with it he uses it as his avatar on caf and on convention pages :)

garyshipman001.jpg

Had to bump this thread too :bump: (I'm such a shameless spammer...I know)

Last year I was able to contact Garry Shipman and arrange 3 commissions with him. We discussed everything pretty quickly and smoothly, he's cool guy I have nothing but good things to say about him. After just a couple of days he emailed me with scans of his work, I was thrilled! He nailed all my request and I must say he's stuck to the reference pics and the descriptions I gave him perfectly! He has a unique style and does wonders with his paint, I'm very happy with the 'finished product'. It took a long while to get them back from CGC but they finally came in about a month ago.

Spider-man 3 movie poster inspired (back and front) the ambiance is great!

garyshipman004.jpggaryshipman003.jpg

Spidey on the lookout ready to kicks some criminal butt!

garyshipman002.jpg

This one came out great, I think Garry is also happy with it he uses it as his avatar on caf and on convention pages :)

garyshipman001.jpg

:whistle:

Not sure if this is the best place to put these up, but seemed a good place to start and maybe get directed to the right spot. So I'm not a professional in any way shape or form, so this is my first foray into the giant box of blank covers I bought. Any and all input would be appreciated. I'm not a great inker, so I'm curious what people think of the sketch stuff and should I add ink/color to it vs leaving it raw. I'm from sarasota and I plan on SS'ing my own stuff at least once to make my momma proud.

-B

asm248vsvenom001.jpg

By docparnes at 2012-04-17

usm160dosm001.jpg

By docparnes at 2012-04-17

asmsketchcoverback001.jpg

By docparnes at 2012-04-08

asmsketchcoverfront001.jpg

scarletspidersketchcove.jpg

SPIDEY.SAYLOR.jpg

This is my favorite of the Spidey sketch covers I own. Check out my CAF gallery in my link for Spidey sketch covers by Brad Walker, David Finch, Mike Mckone, Scott McDaniel, Aaron Lopresti and more.

Tony!! Welcome to the boards!! Awesome book.

SPIDEY.SAYLOR.jpg

This is my favorite of the Spidey sketch covers I own. Check out my CAF gallery in my link for Spidey sketch covers by Brad Walker, David Finch, Mike Mckone, Scott McDaniel, Aaron Lopresti and more.

Tony!! Welcome to the boards!! Awesome book.

Thanks, & another thanks goes out to Adonis for suggesting this forum to me.