• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best?

6 posts in this topic

My sleeve and board of choice are E. Gerber's 4 mil Mylar sleeves and Full Back back boards (with a 3% calcium carbonate buffer). They're expensive, but worth it for your best books. For less expensive archival quality options, you could go with Mylites or Mylite-2s and the Half Back boards. Just about any other sleeve not made of Mylar or any board that does not have a calcium carbonate buffer is not archival quality and will need to be replaced eventually.

Forgive me if this question has been asked before but what are some of the best plastics and boards for comic books on the market and how much do they cost?

My sleeve and board of choice are E. Gerber's 4 mil Mylar sleeves and Full Back back boards (with a 3% calcium carbonate buffer). They're expensive, but worth it for your best books. For less expensive archival quality options, you could go with Mylites or Mylite-2s and the Half Back boards. Just about any other sleeve not made of Mylar or any board that does not have a calcium carbonate buffer is not archival quality and will need to be replaced eventually.

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif I'll look into them.