• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con! Feb. 20th, 2011 back at the Doubletree!

107 posts in this topic

Thought I was not going to be able to make it, but now I can!!!! :banana:

See ya all there!

Better get that Heritage Checkbook ready.... :baiting:

Its 6:30 am and we're ready to go and get 'er done!

I slept in, it's now 7:10 am, but will be there by 8:30. You better sell me all your high grade GA at 50% of GPA :grin:

So far the best show yet.

Definitely.

I was only there for an hour so I had to rush around all over the place and didn't get a chance to look at much. One day, I'd like the wife to be able to watch the kids on her own without flipping out and calling me like a nutjob. I do it. Why can't she? Women...... :pullhair::slapfight: She's going to pay for it tonight for sure.

There were alot of sellers with nice stuff and alot of reasonably priced books as well. Tommorow's Treasures had a really interesting table.

All I picked up was a Nam tpb, 3 ASM HCs and ASM 93, 101 and 121 as upgrades my current copies.

There was a dealer there who had many of the DDs that I needed to help finish off my collection, but I ran out of time to get back to him.

So far the best show yet.

Did okay Sales-wise....much better show for me buying then selling. Lots of quality material left in the room when I really went shopping at 3:00pm. We could really use some more "money" buyers down here in Florida to keep it worthwhile for the out of state dealers to keep coming back.

Had a blast! Great show!

Got lucky hanging with George at his booth. When he finished dealing with a gentleman on a couple of books, George turned him loose on me and it looks like I will be picking up a nice collection this week! Thanks again, George (worship)

Got to hang with many boardies and had a fantastic lunch and conversation with some boardies and CGC guys at P.F. Chang's.

If I am in town during the next show, I am going to make it a point to be there!

Let me start off by saying that I am glad the show came back to Tampa. Mike and Stephen put on a great cast of guests. I would have to saw that for the first time, in a long time, the hall was full of people for more than an hour.

I was told around 2:00PM that the number of attendees had reached over 700, not including children (they are free).

For starters, myself and Joeypost provided CGC's Signature Series service for clients. Frank Brunner was a trooper, we shared stories of South Carolina, and how he would never live on beach front property because in ten years it would be under water...global warming I guess.

I then met with the great Mike Perkins, we shared baby pictures. He was gracious enough to take a commission request which will be picked up at Mega Con.

Alex Saviuk was a trip. :) Nice guy who doesn't get enough credit for the work that he's produced over the years. And to be honest, the guy should charge WAY MORE for his sketches.

the floor was busy with SA/GA vendors, which was nice to see some great key books on walls, and flying of the shelves. Not once did I get bored.

Lunch was a treat. Steve Borock convinced me to join him, and the crew at PF Changs. Joe Pierson (CGC Signature Series Director), Joey G. (aka post), and Mike (who can't remember his last name) were also present. We talked comics, wifes, kids, and the waitress.... :)

For the most part, the show was a complete success. Stephen and I talked about a two day show sometime next year. Would be nice.

I think the show can be considered a success. Seems like everyone had a great time.

I'd like to say that Stephen deserves all of the credit. He worked his butt off and has been very enthusiastic about the show. I'm happy to be part of the show, but Stephen has certainly taken on the task and done a fine ob with it.

:applause:

Today was a blast. Were were able to get everyones signatures series books done in literally 15 minutes.

Mike and Stephen put on a heck of a show.

Am very happy that it was a success and a jolly good time for everyone! :headbang: Wish I could make it there one day ( I am in California)

Joe was getting Frank Brunner sigs for me on some Dr. Strange and Red Sonja books! :cloud9:

I think the show can be considered a success. Seems like everyone had a great time.

I'd like to say that Stephen deserves all of the credit. He worked his butt off and has been very enthusiastic about the show. I'm happy to be part of the show, but Stephen has certainly taken on the task and done a fine ob with it.

:applause:

It was certainly a very good show, and both of you deserve credit. I can't wait for the day when you pull 1,000 paid admissions through the door. (thumbs u

Thanks to so many people supporting the convention, it was a success! 750 paid attendees was my goal and we just managed to hit it. There were definitely a large number of kids, which is great to see at the convention just from a philosophical perspective, as hopefully these kids will keep the comic book industry and hobby alive for many years to come! We were giving away free comics to the kids as they came in, and it was great seeing how happy a couple of free comics made them.

I definitely appreciate the support from so many CGC boardies taking the time to help promote it on their Facebook and for supporting the convention by just being there (as a dealer or an attendee). You guys buying, selling and getting books signed were a big part of the conventions success! In addition, lookwhoitis helped us out greatly by helping to man the ticket counter for most of the day. I'm glad that we were able to put on a successful convention for those involved, and hope that we can do it again in August! :banana:

This weekend was definitely stressful as far as convention management goes. The entire 2 day experience was extremely frantic. I didn't really have a chance to stop and talk with anybody for more than a few minutes.

Here are the pictures:

182238_183632118344625_140906382617199_405639_697279_n.jpg

182258_183631978344639_140906382617199_405633_1940150_n.jpg

181678_183632148344622_140906382617199_405641_1516547_n.jpg

184818_183631955011308_140906382617199_405632_7581822_n.jpg

180714_183631918344645_140906382617199_405631_971102_n.jpg

182038_183632008344636_140906382617199_405634_5427738_n.jpg

183284_183593695015134_140906382617199_405455_1977291_n.jpg