• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James O’Barr BUSTED!

16 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/15/james-obarr-behind-bars-before-wizard-world/ James O’Barr, creator of The Crow, has a new version of The Crow on the way with over sixty pages of material. And he’s been appearing at a number of comic book conventions to help promote it.

Wizard World Austin, I’m told, was a little trickier.

Apparently James had built up around a thousand dollars in parking fines. And the night before the show started (he lives around three hours away from where the convention was taking place) he received another ticket.

At which point there was an altercation between James and the unnamed traffic warden, which saw James left with a bit of a shiner and the night spent in jail. Which meant he missed the first day of the convention, and was bailed out on three thousand dollars (which also covered the unpaid fines) by his manager

At which point there was an altercation between James and the unnamed traffic warden Top Dollar, which saw James left with a bit of a shiner and the night spent in jail and the traffic warden left hanging on a cross covered in crow feathers. Which meant he missed the first day of the convention, and was bailed out on three thousand dollars (which also covered the unpaid fines) by his manager

:o

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/15/james-obarr-behind-bars-before-wizard-world/ James O’Barr, creator of The Crow, has a new version of The Crow on the way with over sixty pages of material. And he’s been appearing at a number of comic book conventions to help promote it.

Wizard World Austin, I’m told, was a little trickier.

Apparently James had built up around a thousand dollars in parking fines. And the night before the show started (he lives around three hours away from where the convention was taking place) he received another ticket.

At which point there was an altercation between James and the unnamed traffic warden, which saw James left with a bit of a shiner and the night spent in jail. Which meant he missed the first day of the convention, and was bailed out on three thousand dollars (which also covered the unpaid fines) by his manager

He lives about 5 minutes from me. Unless he's spending all his time in downtown Dallas or Ft. Worth there's no way he has thousands of dollars in parking tickets. Even then, at $30 a pop, he'd have to park illegally every time he was down there.

He lives about 5 minutes from me. Unless he's spending all his time in downtown Dallas or Ft. Worth there's no way he has thousands of dollars in parking tickets. Even then, at $30 a pop, he'd have to park illegally every time he was down there.

You ever meet him?

You ever meet him?

Just at cons; he's a regular at all the local shows. But, no, I've never seen him at the grocery story or anything.

Well, what kind of parking ticket would you get if you just parked on the sidewalks of the shows you were doing? How about if you strategically place your car across 2 handicap spots at once? I would think the fines would be ramped up a bit.

Well, what kind of parking ticket would you get if you just parked on the sidewalks of the shows you were doing? How about if you strategically place your car across 2 handicap spots at once? I would think the fines would be ramped up a bit.

That's about the only way to get a parking ticket around here. There are no parking meters within 25 miles of where we live.