• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To crack or not to crack >> Atlanta Comic Con recos

5 posts in this topic

This may be a very obvious question but I am looking for recommendations on someone reputable offering crack/SS sub services for the upcoming comic con in Atlanta.

I have a few BA 9.8 slabs that I am contemplating, but on the fence of cracking for sigs. A couple of them are really hard to find in 9.8 grade and the third one runs for about $400 so a drop to 9.6 is tilting the risk reward see-saw in the other direction.

Also wondering on a ballpark % basis, how many of the SS subs/slabs these days are raw vs. cracked blue labels. Thanks in advance.

Unless the books are already in SS slabs (and you're adding additional signatures), I would strongly suggest both cracking and prepping them yourself.

By having the books already window-bagged prior to the con, you ensure the least amount of human contact possible - the facilitator or CAW will simply bring your window-bagged book to get signed, and drop the book off with CGC whilst it's still inside the window-bag.

Unless the books are already in SS slabs (and you're adding additional signatures), I would strongly suggest both cracking and prepping them yourself.

By having the books already window-bagged prior to the con, you ensure the least amount of human contact possible - the facilitator or CAW will simply bring your window-bagged book to get signed, and drop the book off with CGC whilst it's still inside the window-bag.

That is exactly the sentiment I was getting after speaking with a few folks and doing some more research into this matter. Thanks for taking time to share your input.

If your not attending the event yourself and have never cracked or prepped a book I would highly recommend finding someone taking submissions for a specific con where said artist will be and shipping the SLABBED book to them to have minimal Mail damage concerns even if they charge 5 bucks 2 prep it, a much safer solution and in some cases we get the opportunity for private signings where one doesn't even have 2 factor in the con chaos.

A $400 slab wouldn't be my first book to test out crackin slabs Pryce my good man!

2c

Rich

If your not attending the event yourself and have never cracked or prepped a book I would highly recommend finding someone taking submissions for a specific con where said artist will be and shipping the SLABBED book to them to have minimal Mail damage concerns even if they charge 5 bucks 2 prep it, a much safer solution and in some cases we get the opportunity for private signings where one doesn't even have 2 factor in the con chaos.

A $400 slab wouldn't be my first book to test out crackin slabs Pryce my good man!

2c

Rich

That "prep" comment you mentioned to me in your PM did not really sink in as I was a bit sleep deprived. I was under the impression that it can be a bit chaotic at the signings and potentially your raw comic could get different hands on them as they pass from being cracked to being signed. But it sounds like prepping is similar to that grocery list that was posted by Kevin to help ensure the integrity of your raw comic once it has been cracked. Definitely worth it and huge. Thanks for your post buddy and reminding me (thumbs u

A powerseller that I know who moves allot of SS slabs, recommended desert wind. I will have to see if they are doing the Atlanta con.