• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Say what you will, the time has come....

11 posts in this topic

Selling-just had Werewolf by Night #1 and Tomb of Dracula #1 both solid copies for $69.99-no bids.

Just my opinion on the auction, not trying to start a war. I saw the auction, but the pictures were somewhat blurry. You had the Werewolf by Night as a VF+ but even off the blurry scan I could see quite a bit of spine wear & graded it closer to a F+. Using this as a guide, I down graded the Dracula, which you had at F+, to a VG or F ( I really couldn't guess as the scan was very blurry). At those grades guide would have been around $70-$80 (both guiding at around $35 to $40). I really don't think most people expect to get that close to guide on mid grade books on ebay.

Without a large clear scan or a higher feedback rating it probably wasn't worth the chance for most collectors to pay close to guide. I also think sellers see the multiples of guide books get in CGC 9.4+ & can't fathom how their books could go for such a small fraction when they really are in "nice" collectible shape. Personally, my LCS is hardly buying anything these days so it's ebay or nothing on my end.