• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giant Sized X-Men #1 first wolverine page

23 posts in this topic

I found a dealer/collector on the internet. He had this page for trade. Not for sale, I contacted him about it. I was wondering your guys opinions on what it is worth? I want it bad! Probably cannot afford it, but willing to take a loan out on it or credit card advancement. Also, if he will not sell, what do you guys think that he would want for trade? He has hundreds of pages of X-Men, alot of splashes and a couple covers that I know of. lol He probably has alot more he is not sharing on the internet also.

Thanks for looking

Luckily, you got a chunkybutt because you will lose half your @ss dealing with him!

lol. Just kidding. I dealt with him once for some really low end pieces and actually came out ahead. I have heard the horror stories though.

I found a dealer/collector on the internet. He had this page for trade. Not for sale, I contacted him about it. I was wondering your guys opinions on what it is worth? I want it bad! Probably cannot afford it, but willing to take a loan out on it or credit card advancement. Also, if he will not sell, what do you guys think that he would want for trade? He has hundreds of pages of X-Men, alot of splashes and a couple covers that I know of. lol He probably has alot more he is not sharing on the internet also.

Thanks for looking

Before you go nuts, I read your thread title and I just want to mention that Wolverine's first page in GS X-men #1 isn't really all that significant over any other page in that book with Wolvie on it, or with the team members in costume....since that book's NOT his first appearance, not even close to it.

That's a ploy some dealers use to pump their books.

"THIS IS THE FIRST PANEL WHERE THE SNIKT WAS USED AS A SOUND EFFECT...WORLD'S GREATEST PAGE!!!"

Just be careful and don't let emotion guide you.

I personally would put a small premium on this page over many other pages from this issue. Another thing to remember is Art from Wolverine's firs appearance went up in smoke. I believe the Donnellys do have the original splash page to Hulk 182 in their private stash and they had a recreation of the splash done to sell with the rest of the interior pages to Hulk 182.

I personally would put a small premium on this page over many other pages from this issue. Another thing to remember is Art from Wolverine's firs appearance went up in smoke. I believe the Donnellys do have the original splash page to Hulk 182 in their private stash and they had a recreation of the splash done to sell with the rest of the interior pages to Hulk 182.

lol That would make for a great mystery novel. Pages of OA would be mysteriously destroyed until one guy was left with a character's 5th appearance page which was then rendered his 1st appearance page due to the demise of the other pages.

Thanks for looking

Before you go nuts, I read your thread title and I just want to mention that Wolverine's first page in GS X-men #1 isn't really all that significant over any other page in that book with Wolvie on it, or with the team members in costume....since that book's NOT his first appearance, not even close to it.

That's a ploy some dealers use to pump their books.

"THIS IS THE FIRST PANEL WHERE THE SNIKT WAS USED AS A SOUND EFFECT...WORLD'S GREATEST PAGE!!!"

Just be careful and don't let emotion guide you.

I love it when Chris gets cynical (thumbs u this is good advice indeed.