• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MythosCon in Phoenix - Jan 6-11, 2011 - Anyone else going?

1 post in this topic

MythosCon in Phoenix!

I know it's a long shot and only tangentially related to comics (really more pulp related than anything else), but I know there are a fair amount of Lovecraft fans here on the boards and thought I'd ask if anyone else is going to this Lovecraft inspired con. The guest list is pretty impressive, catering to Lovecraft fans in particular and the weird fiction genre in general. If you are even on the lowest rung of interest in Lovecraft academia, the simple fact that S.T. Joshi will be there hosting several panels is worth the price of admission alone. I'm pretty excited about meeting Ramsey Campbell as well as several of the other guests.

This con is apparently replacing the now defunct NecronomiCon that was held every other year in Providence, the main difference being that MythosCon will be 100% Lovecraft/Mythos related. It caters to a much more narrow audience, but for that audience this will be the holy grail of cons.

Anyhow - it's being held at the Mission Palms Hotel and Conference center in Phoenix, and the room prices are more extravagant than I can afford on my own - so if anyone is interested in splitting the price of a room two or three ways, give me a holler or post here. If you plan on going but don't want to split a room, I'd still be interested in chatting up anyone who might be going anyway, as I won't know anyone there. If need be I'll likely get a room at a cheaper motel nearby (I live in Tucson so will be driving up and will have ground transportation for anyone that may need it.

106302.jpg.9b8463366ef81a94c4ce4479c007e84e.jpg