• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should I do????

14 posts in this topic

Just rec'd my copy of Nick Fury #2 in 9.4. This completes my Fury Steranko run of books 9.0 or better. All the other books are raw, and I really had hoped to keep them that way (for some strange reason I think books look the best in Mylite2's or Arklites). Searched for months for a #2, and finally broke down and bought this one.

So the question is...Should I crack the slab? confused.gif

Chris

if you don't think you'll ever sell it then crack the slab. if however there is the remotest chance that you might sell it one day (you might find a nice cheaper raw copy for example) then its probably a good idea to leave it in the slab.

if you crack then decide later to sell, you'll have to pay cgc to get a regrade and chances are you may not get a cgc 9.4.

if you had a 9.0 or 9.2 then for sure crack it, but a slabbed 9.4 will always sell for a little bit more IMHO.

Yeah...haven't opened it yet. Waiting for a nice raw at a show crossed my mind. I dunno. It is good as a reference as it is the nicest SA book I have graded. At the Baltimore show I picked up a #7 that I thought was sweet for $70, and thought it was a little high. But, after looking at the books side-by-side, I'd say I did pretty well. My #7 blows this outta the water!!! smile.gif

Chris

Yeah...haven't opened it yet. Waiting for a nice raw at a show crossed my mind. I dunno. It is good as a reference as it is the nicest SA book I have graded. At the Baltimore show I picked up a #7 that I thought was sweet for $70, and thought it was a little high. But, after looking at the books side-by-side, I'd say I did pretty well. My #7 blows this outta the water!!! smile.gif

Chris

Sorry about the double-post everybody.

MOS - Yes, there is a TPB reprint of the Scorpio story. It reprints issues #1-3 and #5. The cover price is 12.95 and your local shop should have it. A cheap way to see some of the best artwork ever.

Chris

Cracking a slab, on purpose, IMO, is like digging up a dead body from its grave - IT'S SACRILEGE!!!!

Wait until you see a cheaper NF# 2 for your raw copy. Man I'll try to find you one just so you don't crack the other one. I think you'll regret it if you decide you'll want the entire NF 1-10 run slabbed...

I know Darth....Don't worry, it's still in it's tomb. Like I said though, I've been looking now for awhile. I led a 1-man assault on HG Fury's at Baltimore, and came up empty on this issue, even though I picked up great looking copies of 3, 4, 5, and 7. Not even the Blazing one could help me. This past weekend at Tyson's, I bought a nice #6 from Harley, and picked through all the other dealers copies, and still came up empty. Thats why I broke down and used the BIN on this book. Keep a look-out and PM me if you find anything (you too Donut). The guys at the local shop have also been on the lookout for me.

What surprised me the most about my hunt was that I thought #3 and 6 would be the toughest to find (black covers), but I got them before the #2. Oh well, the clock is ticking. We have a couple months to find a raw copy or you can kiss this slab goodbye. smile.gif

Chris