• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Signature Series Tale of Woe

126 posts in this topic

I am not going to try and imagine what the facilitator or cgc have to do to get cgc ss books done. I appreciate the effort on both sides.

My question is , and not sure if possible due to volume or whatever. But is there a way to have say a tracking program or so to see the book from begining to end. So once the facilitator gets it in his hands, to being turned into cgc the progress thur and then ship?

Yea,fill out an invoice from your CGC account,and mail it with the book to whoever is getting the SS done for you.Pay their fee to them direct/seperate,and CGC will charge you when they get the book/your invoice,and you can track the whole thing once CGC has it.Then they mail it right to you...seems bretty basic to me.

CGC did my SS book direct,mailed to CGC with my invoice,book never left CGC's hands.Knew it's "status" the entire time,but that was for the "private signing" that CGC handled direct.

And all facilators will allow this to be done this way? Just askin>?

I have no idea,but it can't hurt to ask them,and it would definitely be a "solution" to the tracking the book problem,and knowing that once CGC has it,it will be coming straight to you.

You might be able to get a facilitator to do this, but if you did, it would probably end up costing a little bit extra, because unless you had a dealer account with CGC, the book would end up getting charged at CGC's standard rate instead of the facilitator's discounted rate.

That is true,but as a CGC Regular member,it's 10% discount on all my submissions that i fill out thru the PDF online...the facilitator can offer 20% discount as a dealer,at most,but most usually pocket some of that,and only offer 10% anyways...so i doubt the difference would be much,if anything.

I am not going to try and imagine what the facilitator or cgc have to do to get cgc ss books done. I appreciate the effort on both sides.

My question is , and not sure if possible due to volume or whatever. But is there a way to have say a tracking program or so to see the book from begining to end. So once the facilitator gets it in his hands, to being turned into cgc the progress thur and then ship?

Yea,fill out an invoice from your CGC account,and mail it with the book to whoever is getting the SS done for you.Pay their fee to them direct/seperate,and CGC will charge you when they get the book/your invoice,and you can track the whole thing once CGC has it.Then they mail it right to you...seems bretty basic to me.

CGC did my SS book direct,mailed to CGC with my invoice,book never left CGC's hands.Knew it's "status" the entire time,but that was for the "private signing" that CGC handled direct.

I have no idea,but it can't hurt to ask them,and it would definitely be a "solution" to the tracking the book problem,and knowing that once CGC has it,it will be coming straight to you.

My "solution" is no- I wont submit under another account because I want to keep track of the books. I also create spreadsheets to track my client invoice #'s. And my new policy for the first big signing in 2011 is to immediately email clients their invoice #'s once books get checked in!

:headbang:

My "solution" is no- I wont submit under another account because I want to keep track of the books. I also create spreadsheets to track my client invoice #'s. And my new policy for the first big signing in 2011 is to immediately email clients their invoice #'s once books get checked in!

See I think something like this with a sort of "online" tracking of the books would help with worried customers. It could even be as simple as an excel spread sheet on the facilitators website listing books. Say something like recieved date, signed already, shipped to cgc, etc then from there you can follow them thru cgc.. :shrug: just an idea. It might cut down on emails, calls, and posts......

See I think something like this with a sort of "online" tracking of the books would help with worried customers. It could even be as simple as an excel spread sheet on the facilitators website listing books. Say something like recieved date, signed already, shipped to cgc, etc then from there you can follow them thru cgc.. :shrug: just an idea. It might cut down on emails, calls, and posts......

Some great ideas...as long as the facilitator keeps it up to date..including at which stage in the CGC process it is at,as only the account holder can check the invoice thru CGC,and just passing the invoice # along to the books owner once sent to CGC will do nothing for the book owner except get a "This account information is only viewable by the account owner" message from CGC.

Or deal with people who you know won't screw around. Just notify your customers when the books are graded and then again when they ship. Not rocket science.