• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone #1 First Print

46 posts in this topic

But apparently your not the sharpest knife in the drawer..

Says the daft wanker who outed his own shill when he couldn't remember which account he was signed in with.

But apparently your not the sharpest knife in the drawer..

Says the daft wanker who outed his own shill when he couldn't remember which account he was signed in with.

Wha! :o I knew you were a D-o-o-c-h-e-b-a-g,but did'nt think you were an i-d-i-o-t too!

Then again apparently YOUR not the sharpest knife in the drawer.. :boo:

Good going TFL,Why are'nt you banned from this place yet?

I'd say 9.2.

Also...

I - In

M- My

H-Humble Horse's

O-Opinion Opening

:roflmao:

Hey folks!

Well, I had this book slabbed and GREAT NEWS...it came back as 9.4. But then to my horror, on the CGC blue label was these words: "Reprints Bone #1". I'm stunned. I just make a terrible mistake in getting a reprint slabbed? I'm not sure what to say....does anyone know for sure this book is an original or a reprint? There is nothing on it anywhere that says Reprint and inside the book where it usually says stuff like that, it just says, "BONE #1". (of course i can't check again because it is slabbed) I haven't called CGC yet, but I'm wondering what to do....any opinions are welcome!

Thanks!

Hey folks!

Well, I had this book slabbed and GREAT NEWS...it came back as 9.4. But then to my horror, on the CGC blue label was these words: "Reprints Bone #1". I'm stunned. I just make a terrible mistake in getting a reprint slabbed? I'm not sure what to say....does anyone know for sure this book is an original or a reprint? There is nothing on it anywhere that says Reprint and inside the book where it usually says stuff like that, it just says, "BONE #1". (of course i can't check again because it is slabbed) I haven't called CGC yet, but I'm wondering what to do....any opinions are welcome!

Don't worry - I had the same thing happen to me with the last Bone #1 I subbed. CGC mistakenly slabbed it as a Bone #1 (Image Comics) with the "Reprints Bone #1" notation on the label.

I called them up, explained their mistake, sent the book back and it was re-slabbed correctly.

1st prints of Bone #1 are easy to spot seeing that they're the only copies of Bone #1 (Cartoon Books) that have a red logo.

Hey folks!

Don't worry - I had the same thing happen to me with the last Bone #1 I subbed. CGC mistakenly slabbed it as a Bone #1 (Image Comics) with the "Reprints Bone #1" notation on the label.

I called them up, explained their mistake, sent the book back and it was re-slabbed correctly.

1st prints of Bone #1 are easy to spot seeing that they're the only copies of Bone #1 (Cartoon Books) that have a red logo.

Wow...so, from what you are saying, then mine may not be a first print.. :-( Mine has an orange logo from the scan (don't have the book with me at the moment). Which means I did make a huge mistake.....

The scan you posted in this thread has a reddish logo and looks like a 1st print - the orange logo on a 5th print is a pretty dark orange. The "by jeff smith" text on a 5th print is also red whereas it's yellow on a 1st print - yours has yellow text.

This is a 1st print:

bone-1-1st-print.jpg

And this is a 5th print:

bone-1-5th-print.jpg

I think CGC screwed up here, not you :thumbsup:

The scan you posted in this thread has a reddish logo and looks like a 1st print - the orange logo on a 5th print is a pretty dark orange. The "by jeff smith" text on a 5th print is also red whereas it's yellow on a 1st print - yours has yellow text.

This is a 1st print:

bone-1-1st-print.jpg

And this is a 5th print:

bone-1-5th-print.jpg

I think CGC screwed up here, not you :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation! I'm going to try and get in touch with CGC and get this straightened out....