• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yellow and Blue Label slabs: Adams, Lee, K. Jones, Burden and more!

97 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Shining a bright light into the yawning abyss that is the Mixed Age Sales Thread. :ohnoez:

Unequivocal "I'll take it" in the thread trumps all, but happy to wheel and deal via PM as well. If a PM deal is completed before the "I'll take it" is posted the PM deal wins. Just to clarify. It has happened.

I will ship however the purchaser prefers. Slabs will be $10 domestic up to 2 slabs. I'll eat add'l domestic shipping for anyone that wants more of this drek than that. To my friends from other countries, we will work out shipping to mutual satisfaction before we close the deal.

On with the show:

Starting off with STAN "THE MAN" LEE

Breathtaking copy of a great late Silver Age Cap. Subbed by me raw, so 99.9% sure not pressed. CGC 9.6 $365 GPA 90 day is $267, so you couldn't cobble together one on your own for this price. As you will see on all these Stan's the sigs are placed pretty well. I had tiny windows for Stan to sign through. :grin: Only 7 9.8s and this is the top census SS copy by far.

IMG00148-20101120-1653.jpg

Journey Into Mystery 104 Flat out gorgeous copy. I definitely want to recoup some of my Stan costs, but if this one doesn't sell I am fine with it. Top census SS copy by a long shot!! Gorgeous whites and a super sig. 12 month is $256 CGC 8.5 $400

Edit: This was formerly a CGC 8.5, so I have no knowledge of pressing, but I didn't press it.

IMG00149-20101120-1654.jpg

Journey Into Mystery 103 1st Enchantress and Executioner. Blazing colors. CGC 7.5 $285 Subbed raw by me, but I bought the book at a show in 2008, so it is not like it was sitting in my longboxes for 20+ years like most of my raws. Most likely not pressed, but who frickin' knows. Top census SS copy by a longshot!

IMG00155-20101120-1706.jpg

This book is sweet. Has Jack and Stan on the cover. Structurally much much nicer, but the edges and back are a little toasty. Really nice looking for a straight VG book. 12 month is $189 CGC 4.0 SOLD Subbed raw by me. Bought out of an OO collection from my LCS. Very likely never pressed.

IMG00152-20101120-1702.jpg

Silver Surfer 5 CGC 8.5 actually has its own GPA line! :o 12 month is $195. Take this beautiful new, never before offered copy for $180. This was from a cracked blue label 8.5, but it was originally subbed raw by me, so most likely never pressed.

IMG00154-20101120-1703.jpg

Shifting gears to Kelley Jones. Hadn't been seen at a con for eons. He did Dragon Con and there were certainly a ton of Jones books done. Don't know when he will be back, though. So if you were under a rock and missed KJ, here are 3 that are a little off the beaten path:

Shifting gears to Kelley Jones. Hadn't been seen at a con for eons. He did Dragon Con and there were certainly a ton of Jones books done. Don't know when he will be back, though. So if you were under a rock and missed KJ, here are 3 that are a little off the beaten path:

Kelley the Snowman was a fairy tale they say...but the children knew he'd be back again someday.

There must have been some magic in that old silver sharpie he found, for when he placed it on the book it began to dance around...

:ohnoez:

Get this one for less than slabbing and shipping :eek: I've learned a little bit about grading and SS since I did these, thank god. Batman 244 CGC 7.0 SOLD Slabbed raw by me and looks much nicer, but has very minor chipping that hurts the grade.

IMG00163-20101120-1817.jpg

Two 9.6 WDs signed by Tony Moore. Subbed by me and every bit as nice as the four that got 9.8s. Won't break my heart to crack these for Kirkman and Adlard, or you can take 'em off my hands. $95 for the pair:

IMG00150-20101120-1700.jpg

IMG00151-20101120-1701.jpg