• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is watching the new Avengers: Earth's Mighties Hero's cartoon? I like it!

37 posts in this topic

This threads better. It has Davenport.

And now me. :acclaim:

I'm liking the show a lot, and my son loves it. They're doing a great job of utilizing and melding concepts and story arcs from the SA with the modern, and the animation and character design are among the better Marvel cartoons I've seen. The plethora of subplots and crossovers of characters from across the Marvel Universe is a nice touch, too. I don't watch any TV shows currently broadcast regularly, but I look forward to this one. (thumbs u

My 10 year old son loves this show,this Disney show has done a better job introducing him to the wonderful world of the Marvel universe then the modern comics have done. 2c

i watch it with my 5 year old son. he loves it. our dvr taped things a bit out of order, but we're piecing things together now.

yeah, logan with sgt. fury back in WW II. funny, 15 years ago (or whenever it became clear in the comic wolvie had been around a long time) i thought that would have been a cool idea. maybe i need to read every sgt. fury to see if there's ever a reference to a private logan or anyone in the background in some frame with sideburns. i'm looking at retirement dagnibit!

funny thing is, even though i don't think he watches the x-men cartoons much (at least not with me), he knew exactly who that was supposed to be and asked me why he was in the avengers cartoon when he's supposed to be in the other one!

last one, i guess they HAD to do it, but making fury of SHIELD sgt. fury's son threw me off a bit. of course, the cartoon's nick fury is in his 50's, not his 80's, so I guess that's how it has to be (what's the deal with the comic nick fury? is he supposed to be in his 80's, maybe swilling some super serum or something or does the comic just mush around that one (like reed richards is also in his 80's and ben grimm...is he too or is he just in his 70's?)

Time, days, & network, please.

wednesday 5:30 PST reruns at 10:30 PST

That's 8:30 pm for all the reg'lar folk.

The rerun schedule is all over the place, I've seen it vary from week to week. The new episodes are broadcast on Wednesdays. Some weekdays it runs during the morning. The last 2 weekends they ran 2 episodes Saturday morning at 10:00am EST, then again at 5:00 pm, and again on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. A few Sundays ago, it was on at 5:00pm.

This coming Friday is a marathon, including a new 1 hour long episode.

The DisneyHD website is a PITA to navigate; I found the schedule easiest on some other site I can't remember now.

Me. :hi:

Who's the purple guy?

Who? The guy that snuck into the mansion and saved Captain America?

Wonder Man? I thought that was Black Panther that tossed Cap his shield, but I also kinda snoozed out during that episode. Looking forward to seeing a rerun.

Me. :hi:

Who's the purple guy?

Who? The guy that snuck into the mansion and saved Captain America?

Wonder Man? I thought that was Black Panther that tossed Cap his shield, but I also kinda snoozed out during that episode. Looking forward to seeing a rerun.

Black Panther was the one that saved Cap. Maybe Jim is referring to Baron Zemo

106497.gif.9235f56d6fcc588bf8b438091b5b3364.gif

Ive been DvRing it and am enjoying it quite a bit. Not as great as JLU but hey... its tough to beat a Bruce Timm cartoon.

The only issues I have with it is it seems like they aren't portraying Stark as a particularly smart man. That and he seems to be team leader as opposed to Steve Rogers.. but hey maybe I'm just partial.

Ive been DvRing it and am enjoying it quite a bit. Not as great as JLU but hey... its tough to beat a Bruce Timm cartoon.

The only issues I have with it is it seems like they aren't portraying Stark as a particularly smart man. That and he seems to be team leader as opposed to Steve Rogers.. but hey maybe I'm just partial.

it's geared for kids, it's not like he's mr. fantastic. :gossip:

I'm sure as they introduce Hawkeye and the story unfolds, all will bow to Captain America as being the head of the Avengers. Hopefully Hulk comes back soon and sticks around.

Can't believe how much Enchantress is involved so far... Hopefully this show (along with Justice League) stick around for a while.

And hopefully someone makes a REALLY GOOD SPIDERMAN show that can last... although there have been so many attempts at Spiderman that it may be a dead issue for now.

it's geared for kids, it's not like he's mr. fantastic. :gossip:

True.. but then who is?