• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is watching the new Avengers: Earth's Mighties Hero's cartoon? I like it!

37 posts in this topic

Me. :hi:

Who's the purple guy?

Simon Williams / Wonder Man. (Avengers #9)

The Avengers is worth following, but it is light fare and geared toward kids. More so than say, Justice League Unlimited or Wolverine and the X-Men.

A visual-glitch (imho) is the Wasp design. What's up with that hair? I think they should've used the design for Thor's love interest, who made a brief appearance. She would've made an interesting Wasp.

avengers_9.jpg

Do you know how embarrassing it is to be watching DC and Marvel animation on an IPOD while running (ok, how about a brisk jog) on the gym treadmill? I think I'm known as the 40+ year old guy that watches cartoons.

I have to look this up and watch it.

Here's a little taste:

(worth mentioning) Check your provider's free "video on demand" services. On Charter it's "free kids & teens" / Disney xD /Avengers. The episodes to date are available. (thumbs u

This threads better. It has Davenport.

lol:hi: ... hm ... (tsk)

:grin:

I know I bust your balls and give you hell, but you're an okay guy when you take off the tinfoil hat and just talk regular comics. Too much gets mired down in funny book politics, it seems.

Do you know how embarrassing it is to be watching DC and Marvel animation on an IPOD while running (ok, how about a brisk jog) on the gym treadmill? I think I'm known as the 40+ year old guy that watches cartoons.

I have watched cartoons since I can remember and I will do so until the day I die. :sumo:

I've enjoyed it immensely so far. I definitely like the idea of some story arcs carrying over from episode to episode, and there's been a ton of characters featured, whether in main roles or in quick cameos (was that Logan/Wolverine I saw fighting alongside Captain America in WW2 in the episode "Meet Captain America"? Yes -- yes it was ).

I know I bust your balls and give you hell, but you're an okay guy when you take off the tinfoil hat and just talk regular comics. Too much gets mired down in funny book politics, it seems.

Thanks. :)

I suppose one man's "tinfoil hat" could be another man's troublesome eye-for-detail. Maybe it's noticing a Hulk Annual missing it's pedigree, a Strange Tales 128 with a little off the top, or a bizzare Sienkiewicz sketch, messageboards could be... trouble. :blush:

New hard-learned watchword: slow your roll. ;)

Thanks. :)

That's really all you needed to type. :foryou:

i don't know where the hell you live, but the girls in the city love it, i even read comics on free comic day at the W hotel bar. :acclaim:

And now me. :acclaim:

I'm liking the show a lot, and my son loves it. They're doing a great job of utilizing and melding concepts and story arcs from the SA with the modern, and the animation and character design are among the better Marvel cartoons I've seen. The plethora of subplots and crossovers of characters from across the Marvel Universe is a nice touch, too. I don't watch any TV shows currently broadcast regularly, but I look forward to this one. (thumbs u

i don't know where the hell you live, but the girls in the city love it, i even read comics on free comic day at the W hotel bar. :acclaim:

My gym is overrun by angry middle aged women, but I'm going to check them out; the series not the milfettes.