• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil #1 Club

612 posts in this topic

Currently working on joining this club next. :wishluck:

Do you ever go to the Woburn shows that happen every few months or so? Good place to find some solid keys at fair prices.

Do you ever go to the Woburn shows that happen every few months or so? Good place to find some solid keys at fair prices.

I have never heard of a comic book show in the area other than those big walrus shows in Boston. Tell me about the woburn show. How long has it been going on? Who runs it? Whens the next one? Thanks

I have never heard of a comic book show in the area other than those big walrus shows in Boston. Tell me about the woburn show. How long has it been going on? Who runs it? Whens the next one? Thanks

It's run by Larry's Comics. Next one is next Saturday, the 24th. Andrew from GA Collectibles sets up there. Not sure how long it's been running but I've been going for about a year. Here's a link: http://larryscomics.net/shows_woburn.html

That's a really sharp FVF book. Congrats,

:applause:

Yeah that copy does GREAT! I had no idea they ran so much cash. Or was that selling price high? I have not really looked at prices for that title in years. Finished the run it years ago...But my # 1 is a RAG!!!! So much for the thoughts of upgrading one day. :cry:

Yeah that copy does GREAT! I had no idea they ran so much cash. Or was that selling price high? I have not really looked at prices for that title in years. Finished the run it years ago...But my # 1 is a RAG!!!! So much for the thoughts of upgrading one day. :cry:

When I buy at any auction, it usually depends on the price to get me to bid on just about anything. Unless I see something I like and just got to have. I truely liked this book, call me a sucker for those WPs and without any eye snagging defects, I was good to go. I plan on keeping this book, so in time it should become worth more than what I paid. Funny thing is I placed my bid over a week ago and the 2 last second bids that came in were 1925 and 2000, to me that means at least 2 other people agree with me onthe value of this particular copy. I now have a collection of 2 comic books, this DD will be bunkin' with my Hulk 1 soon

When I buy at any auction, it usually depends on the price to get me to bid on just about anything. Unless I see something I like and just got to have. I truely liked this book, call me a sucker for those WPs and without any eye snagging defects, I was good to go. I plan on keeping this book, so in time it should become worth more than what I paid. Funny thing is I placed my bid over a week ago and the 2 last second bids that came in were 1925 and 2000, to me that means at least 2 other people agree with me onthe value of this particular copy. I now have a collection of 2 comic books, this DD will be bunkin' with my Hulk 1 soon

That copy does present sooooo much better then a 7.0! And the WP are huge! I cant see at all why it graded a 7.0 at all! A collection of two books! I will say your doing it the right way! Two GREAT BOOKS! CONGRATS! :applause:

That copy does present sooooo much better then a 7.0! And the WP are huge! I cant see at all why it graded a 7.0 at all! A collection of two books! I will say your doing it the right way! Two GREAT BOOKS! CONGRATS! :applause:

A very pretty 7.0 indeed,congrats. :applause:

Thanks guys! Not only did I decide on this particular book due to strong eye appeal and WP, but I really feel that DD is going to begin to move up a few lengths in terms of value based on....nothing much. Recent 2012 sales: a 9.6 sold for $37k and the 9.4 Twincities $15k and almost $9k for a 9.2. DD has held sway for as long as I can remember and I dont ever recall the book declining. I pondered books like Hulk 181, FF48, ASM14 and quite a few others. All seem to have peaked at one time or another and now dont have the market punch I need in a book. I have a strong feeling the DD club is a good club to be in now and to me the book makes sense to own. A sturdy investment, more likely to rise then to fall.