• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty sure this was Not the type of publicity the WB wanted for Green Lantern.

122 posts in this topic

It amazes me just how stupid people actually are. Seriously, the internet is your friend so try doing a bit of research before flipping out about the ethnicity of a character. I swear, every time I come across something I don't get, grasp, understand, or question, I hit the internet. mess, the net even on my phone now. Instead, its a bunch of wildly_fanciful_statement posted by lazy who know nothing of the character. ok, rant over...

Yup. Pretty ignorant rants by some pretty ignorant people...

The film is going to be poop anyway, so don't worry about it.
Why do you think folks moved on to talking about Chasing Amy?

At least in that movie, you know who's getting screwed - and it's not the audience who laid out cash to see it.

It amazes me just how stupid people actually are. Seriously, the internet is your friend so try doing a bit of research before flipping out about the ethnicity of a character. I swear, every time I come across something I don't get, grasp, understand, or question, I hit the internet. mess, the net even on my phone now. Instead, its a bunch of wildly_fanciful_statement posted by lazy who know nothing of the character. ok, rant over...

I'm not getting why they are 'ignorant'?

The general public's only expose to GL is the cartoon. The character there is clearly black. What possible reason would they have to think 'I bet he's supposed to be white, I must Google it to make sure'?

I never read Briget Jones' Diary but having seen the film, I felt no compulsion to check out the ethnicity of the characters in the written form. Why would I?

I suppose Alan Scott, and Hal Jordan could both be ignored.. And we should forget Guy Gardner as well... But Jon Stewart DOES pre-date Kyle Rayner. So YEA

And Super Friends Pre-Dates Justice League Unlimited. ing Azzhats.

John Stewart? (shrug)

707809-transcript_stewart_1_.jpg

This is a man who lives on hate and racism. Tasty pick.

lol - I disagree HOWEVER, without hate and racism what comedian would have ANYTHING to talk about????

It's amazing to see how far he's come. When he first took over the Daily Show (when I was in elementary school) I couldn't take him seriously. Now I actually respect him a great deal.

And he's pretty funny.

For the sake of arguement they did make Kingpin, Michael Clark Duncan, in the pos Daredevil movie. Also I heard there doing a Luke Cage movie with Nick Cage in the lead.

Both of those casting decisions are cr@p. One resulted in a POS movie and the other will result in a POS movie.

For the sake of arguement they did make Kingpin, Michael Clark Duncan, in the pos Daredevil movie. Also I heard there doing a Luke Cage movie with Nick Cage in the lead.

Both of those casting decisions are cr@p. One resulted in a POS movie and the other will result in a POS movie.

I was only joking about Nick Cage, I believe they're going with Mel Gibson.

I'm not getting why they are 'ignorant'?

The general public's only expose to GL is the cartoon. The character there is clearly black. What possible reason would they have to think 'I bet he's supposed to be white, I must Google it to make sure'?

I never read Briget Jones' Diary but having seen the film, I felt no compulsion to check out the ethnicity of the characters in the written form. Why would I?

Well I think it's pretty ignorant to assume that it's a racist plot to have a white man play a role that happens to be played by a black man in a cartoon. But that's just me. Perhaps I should have called reverse racism when Samuel L. Jackson played Nick Fury, after all I grew up with a white Nick Fury and not being a fan of the Ultimates story line, had no knowledge of the black Nick Fury. But you know what, I didn't give a rip. In the end, he did a great job, that's all any of us should care about isn't it?