• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a few pics of the Portland Comic Book show this last weekend

32 posts in this topic

Hey. Royce and Dennis let me help them for the day at their tables. Had a good time talking and BS'ing. I wish I would have gotten a pic of the Catwoman that was walking around at the end of the show.

I picked up a mid-grade Marvel Feature 4 (Ant-man with Spider-man cross-over) and a Marvel Tales 30c price variant (lower grade). I also got a full run of Marvel Age for $5.00

Dennis setting up.

PB210025.jpg

Royce setting up.

PB210026.jpg

Various wall books.

PB210031.jpg

PB210030.jpg

PB210029.jpg

PB210028.jpg

PB210027.jpg

And the "Real" Captain America was a guest.

PB210032.jpg

Great pictures guys. :golfclap:

I thought the show was great as well, with alot of books to sort through. I found a few books to buy and the kids picked up some random posters, hot wheels cars, and some Pokemon cards. But my wife, who has never been to a convention before, found an original Star Wars board game that we rushed home and played after dinner. I believe that became the highlight of the show for us.

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

Man, you definitely realize how common SA and BA books really are when you look at photos of dealer walls from US shows. How can a dealer tell you how "rare" a book is when there are 10 copies of a given issue within arm's length.... Sheesh.

Fun looking event. A perfect mix of books and people = a success!

Thanks for the report.

Your post reminds me of years back when I used to exhibit at

Giftware shows. I was a Giftware designer showing/selling our

product along with our salesman.

He would have one of a certain product out and sell it as the

last one; then after the person left he would bring another out.

We sold quite a few that way; might work in selling comic

books when at shows, if a dealer has a hard time moving books.

Man, you definitely realize how common SA and BA books really are when you look at photos of dealer walls from US shows. How can a dealer tell you how "rare" a book is when there are 10 copies of a given issue within arm's length.... Sheesh.

Fun looking event. A perfect mix of books and people = a success!

Thanks for the report.

Great pictures guys. :golfclap:

I thought the show was great as well, with alot of books to sort through. I found a few books to buy and the kids picked up some random posters, hot wheels cars, and some Pokemon cards. But my wife, who has never been to a convention before, found an original Star Wars board game that we rushed home and played after dinner. I believe that became the highlight of the show for us.

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

It was good to see you again Danny and meet your family.Next time you will have to go to Wankers with us

Hey. Royce and Dennis let me help them for the day at their tables. Had a good time talking and BS'ing. I wish I would have gotten a pic of the Catwoman that was walking around at the end of the show.

I picked up a mid-grade Marvel Feature 4 (Ant-man with Spider-man cross-over) and a Marvel Tales 30c price variant (lower grade). I also got a full run of Marvel Age for $5.00

Dennis setting up.

PB210025.jpg

Royce setting up.

PB210026.jpg

Various wall books.

PB210031.jpg

PB210030.jpg

PB210029.jpg

PB210028.jpg

PB210027.jpg

And the "Real" Captain America was a guest.

PB210032.jpg

I second that.That Catwoman was H O T

Your post reminds me of years back when I used to exhibit at

Giftware shows. I was a Giftware designer showing/selling our

product along with our salesman.

He would have one of a certain product out and sell it as the

last one; then after the person left he would bring another out.

We sold quite a few that way; might work in selling comic

books when at shows, if a dealer has a hard time moving books.

I'm not a big fan of that approach with comics. It reminds me of the early 1990s when store owners had a crate of "limited/rare edition" gold foil variants holograms stored in the back, but only took one out at a time and sold them for crazy prices. I don't need to explain what happened when the cat was let out of the hat.