• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just curious. What are your thoughts on PG...you know...

44 posts in this topic

Maybe you are the one that is confused? Non-paid, active members must submit through a 3rd party, which is exactly what my point was! Doesn't matter that I print, and ship form my house, the book as far as CGC is concerned was submitted through a 3rd party whom I would have to deal with rather than CGC directly. If I wanted to check the status of those submissions, can I log onto the CGC site and check that, or would I have to get that information from the 3rd party I submitted through? Sure, I got to mail it directly to CGC, but it is still through a 3rd party.

No, he's correct.

If you submit online through a 3rd party (because you're not a paid member of the Collector's Society, but would still like the 10% off) - say, this very handy eBay link, for instance - all it does, like wee says, is to add a coupon code to the submission form that you'll be filling out on CGC's site.

That's it.

You're not submitting the books under somebody else's name - the invoice will be in your name, with your contact information, and as such you can call up CGC at any time to request the status. If there is a problem with your books, CGC will contact you directly.

I wish it was stated as clearly on the page as you just did, because I looked at that page over and over, and to me I had to be a paid member and with the 3 free submissions the premium seemed the way to go. The way it is written and the cost of the premium membership pushed me off for a while until I got a bunch of books I wanted to get graded (Mostly PGX books that I hope grade somewhat close).

Did you email CGC or use their toll-free number to get some answers? This is the kind of thing I was refering to when I said "lazy". How long does it take to send them an email? Did you really think CGC would only let people who pay $100 submit comics? They'd be out of business in a week.

Maybe you are the one that is confused? Non-paid, active members must submit through a 3rd party, which is exactly what my point was! Doesn't matter that I print, and ship form my house, the book as far as CGC is concerned was submitted through a 3rd party whom I would have to deal with rather than CGC directly. If I wanted to check the status of those submissions, can I log onto the CGC site and check that, or would I have to get that information from the 3rd party I submitted through? Sure, I got to mail it directly to CGC, but it is still through a 3rd party.

No, he's correct.

If you submit online through a 3rd party (because you're not a paid member of the Collector's Society, but would still like the 10% off) - say, this very handy eBay link, for instance - all it does, like wee says, is to add a coupon code to the submission form that you'll be filling out on CGC's site.

That's it.

You're not submitting the books under somebody else's name - the invoice will be in your name, with your contact information, and as such you can call up CGC at any time to request the status. If there is a problem with your books, CGC will contact you directly.

I wish it was stated as clearly on the page as you just did, because I looked at that page over and over, and to me I had to be a paid member and with the 3 free submissions the premium seemed the way to go. The way it is written and the cost of the premium membership pushed me off for a while until I got a bunch of books I wanted to get graded (Mostly PGX books that I hope grade somewhat close).

Did you email CGC or use their toll-free number to get some answers? This is the kind of thing I was refering to when I said "lazy". How long does it take to send them an email? Did you really think CGC would only let people who pay $100 submit comics? They'd be out of business in a week.

I understand this is the CGC forum, but you guys are acting like fanboys, wow. A well written page should decrease calls and e-mails for more information or clarification. The point I am making is if I die tomorrow and my wife wants to sell my comics, she will goto CGC and PGX websites respectively and use whichever was easier and cheaper to use. She isn't going to spend the time to see who is the best, or which company realizes higher auction prices for the same book in the same grade, etc.

We spend the time researching because we love comics, not because we are only looking to unload a collection and CGC has no problems getting our business. But if they want to know why anyone would use PGX it is simply due to price and which companies submission page makes it seem easier to use the service.

Its easier and more beneficial for CGC to update the page than hope everyone is going to e-mail and call since the website was a mess.

No, he's correct.

That's it.

I understand this is the CGC forum, but you guys are acting like fanboys, wow. A well written page should decrease calls and e-mails for more information or clarification.

But you wouldn't have wasted $100 if you had made a 1 minute toll-free call hm

The point I am making is if I die tomorrow and my wife wants to sell my comics, she will go to CGC and PGX websites respectively and use whichever was easier and cheaper to use. She isn't going to spend the time to see who is the best, or which company realizes higher auction prices for the same book in the same grade, etc.

Then why don't you educate her now? It's your responsibility to make sure she gets top dollar for your collection, not hers. Maybe have her read this thread? Have her read the thousand PGX threads here? Have her read this site about PGX? http://www.justafanboy.com/PGX/

We spend the time researching because we love comics, not because we are only looking to unload a collection and CGC has no problems getting our business. But if they want to know why anyone would use PGX it is simply due to price and which companies submission page makes it seem easier to use the service.

But like I said, a Google/Board search would show that this might be penny wise but it's pound foolish.

Its easier and more beneficial for CGC to update the page than hope everyone is going to e-mail and call since the website was a mess.

Again, the website isn't that bad. Did you even click a link in Option # 3 to see what the deal was?

You obviously have some vested interest in PGX, or bought/submitted a lot of books to them before you realized your error. I've told you all the info you need. Good day.

very risky IMHO. I've seen books bought on ebay, subbed to CGC and got unrestored higher grades. and they sold quickly. but that would seem to be an anomaly.

on this topic, did anyone buy these two PGX books on the 'link? I wondered if anyone resubbed to CGC and what did they find.

TTA 57 9.6 Unresto'd

Hulk 1 9.2 Restored

i actually wonder how much more they would have gone for if graded by CGC, that's leaving money on the table.

I agree. with those in higher grade, it could have been ALOT more!