• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Larkin Doc Savage Painting In Heritage Post Auction Bama WANTED

2 posts in this topic

I had a really nice Bob Larkin I gave to Heritage Comic Auctions that had a 4,000 reserve. That is what I PAID for it at the time and thought it was a real bargain being Larkin charged me 4500 apiece a few months earlier for two Doc paintings.

Here's a photo. For a better one check out the Heritage link.

LARKIN_Doc112.jpg

The Man Who Fell Up. 4,000 for a Doc Savage painting? That is the lowest I ever paid. It almost Looks like Bama did it as it's very realistic. One of his best in my opinion. And I've sheckled a heck of a lot more in the past.

Heritage had suggested to sell at no reserve. I couldn't do that, so I put my buy price in. It went to 2300 and had 9 bidders if I recall.if Once the reserve was listed no one bid. (something they warned me would happen) Anyway, Larkin Doc Savages that are well executed and a larger size rarely come to market.

The art guy at Heritage said he picked that over the several that were available to me at the time I bought it. He said besides being very well done, it was a great eye catching composition.

Anyway, if it doesn't sell at the four (plus the Buyer's Premium) I will put in the illustration auction instead of the comic auction. They suggested I do that in the first place but I didn't listen.

You won't see a nice one like this for that kind of money. Plus, they have a make an offer option available. I have nothing to gain except to break even. And I wouldn't even have put it in but my daughter decided to go to Grad school and I always pay for the kids Education.

Just a heads up. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Here's the link

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7027&Lot_No=92307

Jack

I am always looking to buy James Bama Doc Savage paintings so if anyone wants to cut loose with one, let me know. I wouldn't mind getting one of his Nevada Jim covers either. Trades are considered. Check out my CAF Gallery.

view_item.php?Sale_No=7027&Lot_No=92307#Photo