• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anything known about the 60 Kirby OA pages involved in Marvel/Kirby Family Case?

5 posts in this topic

Up in general, it was noted by Mark Zaid that:

That said, it was equally troubling to see that on August 26, 2010, Marvel admitted to the Kirbys that it still had some 60 pages of original Kirby artwork that it had previously always denied it possessed. For some reason Marvel only offered to return 37 of them.

Anybody have info on the history of this? What pages are they?

Up in general, it was noted by Mark Zaid that:

That said, it was equally troubling to see that on August 26, 2010, Marvel admitted to the Kirbys that it still had some 60 pages of original Kirby artwork that it had previously always denied it possessed. For some reason Marvel only offered to return 37 of them.

Anybody have info on the history of this? What pages are they?

So, the number of pages they did not offer to return is 23, the same as the first issue of fantastic four?

How is possible that, so many decades after the return of the artwork and the unfamous Kirby vs Marvel dispute, Marvel still posses Kirby art? The company went through many owners and editor-in-chiefs. How is it possible that anybody who worked for Marvel in the past told nothing about this secret possession? We are talking about many people...

I'm under the impression the pages are things like romance pages and such. I was shown one of them, a complete story, and it wasn't obvious it was Kirby and not (say) Lieber or Stan G. aping him.

I like the theory already expressed -- if Marvel found 60 pages, 37 would go to Jack and 23 to the inkers. Might not be right but it fits the facts pretty well.