• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 ASM white page slabs: #47, 88, 149...& some raw drekiness...CLOSED.

41 posts in this topic

1) First :takeit: in the thread gets it.

2) No Hall of Shame nor Probation List folks, please.

3) Payment methods: PayPal, postal money order, or check.

4) U.S. shipping: raw: 1-5 books: 6.00 (Priority Mail Envelope w/ Delivery Confirmation); slabs: 9.00 for Priority Mail box & fully insured. Outside the U.S.? I think we can work something out.

Thank you for looking. :smile:

This book has some PROFOUND sentimental value for me...but clearly not enough to overcome a desire for Black Friday funds. :whatthe:

ASM #149 CGC 9.6 (WP)

I've discovered that finding a well-centered, white page example of this issue ain't an easy task. Picked this up from JiveTurkeyMoFo not too terribly long ago. GPA has the latest sale at $350 and a 12-month average of $260 (9 sales total). If you're a hard-core ASM collector--and want a high grade Bronze semi-key--this is a pretty decent deal. When you look at a 36-year run of The Amazing Spider-Man (#137 to the present)...outside of ASM #238, 300, and variants....no ASM Guides for as much as this baby does. Triple digits, baby. By the way, I hear meaningless statistics are up 1.5% from last month. :whee:

ASM149FC.jpg

ASM #47 CGC 8.0 (WP)

*Full date stamp on front cover that Primetime would be proud of; penned "X" on back cover that Malcolm X would be proud of (:shrug:). Additionally, that is NOT a nasty case of foxing in the lower area of the front and back covers, just the shadow of the photographer. :gossip:

Picked this one up from the boardie formerly known as comicgrinder. If you're out there, James, keep putting your nose to the scholarly grindstone...:hi:

ASM47FC.jpg

ASM47BC.jpg

Bob Marley: Tale of the Tuff Gong (not bong :sumo:): Book Two: Lion (1995)

NM 7.00

I hear Bob Marley came to Jesus in a personal kind of way in the months leading up to his death in 1981 (via the Ethiopian Orthodox Church). I don't recall where I heard this, but I recall doing some digging and sensing some validity to the claim (if true, then it's certainly not well known). On the other hand, I hear Christopher Hitchens, the prominent atheist who is currently facing a grim battle with cancer, will NOT have any sudden experience with Jesus in his dying days. And if we hear reports that he has, it will be a result of a delusional decision he made, brought on by heavy medication (not a result of a right mind and divine mercy). I heard this from Hitchens himself. He knows there are some Christians that like this kind of deathbed story, and he doesn't want to give them the potential pleasure, so he's trying to cover his bases. :lol:

BMFC.jpg

Nice books! Other than the two ASM books, I don't see pics of any of the other books (shrug)

NM 7.00

I hear Bob Marley came to Jesus in a personal kind of way in the months leading up to his death in 1981 (via the Ethiopian Orthodox Church). I don't recall where I heard this, but I recall doing some digging and sensing some validity to the claim (if true, then it's certainly not well known). On the other hand, I hear Christopher Hitchens, the prominent atheist who is currently facing a grim battle with cancer, will NOT have any sudden experience with Jesus in his dying days. And if we hear reports that he has, it will be a result of a delusional decision he made, brought on by heavy medication (not a result of a right mind and divine mercy). I heard this from Hitchens himself. He knows there are some Christians that like this kind of deathbed story, and he doesn't want to give them the potential pleasure, so he's trying to cover his bases. :lol:

BMFC.jpg

Nice books! Other than the two ASM books, I don't see pics of any of the other books (shrug)

They were up earlier but I mistakenly deleted them. :doh: I'll try to get this Marley one up, the Adventure #381, and the What If? #1 up in the next day or two. :wishluck:

NM 5.00

BMFC.jpg

Adventure Comics #381 FN-

That's glare from the pic along the left and right edge of the cover.

'Bout time Supergirl got her own title for a while. :sumo: Some fruit of the women's lib movement found in a funny book. :luhv:

DV381.jpg