• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Young Justice' on the Cartoon Network

38 posts in this topic

I am loving this its reminding me of JLU but with better animation :) & hey brand new brightest day character already in a cartoon ... can't complain about that at all!

I agree. Very well done. I love the characterizations of Batman and Superman in this as well. Is it just me or is Tim Drake becoming one of the most enjoyable DC characters in the books and in animation?

just finished watching it

outstanding cartoon! As much as I liked Avengers this one feels superior.

I like both shows as well, they both seem to be appealing to a large age range for audiences. My 10 year old son loved this and the Avengers on Disney,I asked him why these and not their modern comics? He said because the animated shows are fun while their comics are not. hm maybe the modern Marvel and DC writers should watch these shows to get a primer on how to do comics that will appeal to a wide age range audience.

A buddy of mine records the YJ episodes during the week, and we watch it when I go hang out at his place on Sundays. I've enjoyed the show so far. I like Robin's wisecracks.

The quote we laughed about most from last week's episode was from Superboy - "I hate monkeys..."

Young Justice is a pretty decent show. Animation is good and plots seem to be pretty tight. I like the GI Joe show as well. . .took the A-Team concept and made it work.

but the animation on the GI Joe: renegades is bad, especially on the ladies. what up with the 'pickle noses'? :screwy:

just finished watching it

outstanding cartoon! As much as I liked Avengers this one feels superior.

I like both shows as well, they both seem to be appealing to a large age range for audiences. My 10 year old son loved this and the Avengers on Disney,I asked him why these and not their modern comics? He said because the animated shows are fun while their comics are not. hm maybe the modern Marvel and DC writers should watch these shows to get a primer on how to do comics that will appeal to a wide age range audience.

I am enjoying both so far as well. I have to say I am happier with the Avengers cartoon because DC has been making great cartoons for so long now and I am happy to see marvel finally getting it right. I think the last Marvel cartoons I like this much were Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and The Hulk cartoon out at the same time.

I love the fact we can have a thread like this and hope we will be able to continue to have them for years to come for both cartoons and live action movies.

The 'Young Justice' that aired today, Fear Itself, seemed to conclude a complex storyline that began with the premier episode. Crams a lot into a half-hour, but still way above par for comic book animation.

CN should really schedule YJ in late-night too, since it's beyond standard kid's fare. Give it a chance to be 'discovered'.