• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 2000's Books

276 posts in this topic

So no input on my error 48? Has anyone seen another 48 error?

This isnt really an error book right? Its a production defect. To qualify as an error book the company would have to replace it with a corrected version. What you have is a printing error. Still cool as hell and more valuable as well because there wont be like 2,000 of them only yours and maybe a few others.

So what makes the 35 an error variant?

Its not if the same logic applies. If 10 copies slipped out with print errors then its a production defect right? It applies to all books. Or are you saying that every book that has the same defect now has an error variant?

Case in point Hack/Slash 4 My First Maniac has an error variant. The splash page at the end of the book was screwed up. So Image replaced the book. So you have an error variant and a corrected version. Just using this as my example.

Both these WD issues they didnt replace correct? Not trying to be a here Branget just looking at how they classify the book. WD doesnt get a special category for error variants just because the printer screwed up. It still happens to books yearly.

I would almost always want a production error book on a popular book like this. Large audience and small supply=$$$.

Its not if the same logic applies. If 10 copies slipped out with print errors then its a production defect right? It applies to all books. Or are you saying that every book that has the same defect now has an error variant?

Case in point Hack/Slash 4 My First Maniac has an error variant. The splash page at the end of the book was screwed up. So Image replaced the book. So you have an error variant and a corrected version. Just using this as my example.

Both these WD issues they didnt replace correct? Not trying to be a here Branget just looking at how they classify the book. WD doesnt get a special category for error variants just because the printer screwed up. It still happens to books yearly.

I would almost always want a production error book on a popular book like this. Large audience and small supply=$$$.

I don't think you're being a in anyway. Quite the contrary. Also we agreed over in the MG thread yesterday so I'm still :cloud9:

There is a WD 35 error variant in the WD registry. I am asking as to the validity of it being an error variant as I was looking to remove it from the registry. I agree with your logic. I actually just purchased a #9 printing error that would follow this same logic.

never really seen them before but how about Heroes Nbc Studio collection? just picked up a slabbed San Diego Comic Con at 9.4 signed by Tim Sale, also issue 2 comic con version but not cgc'd for $45 the pair.

Here's a few quick shots of the WD 48 error.

5575726734_a0497abb45_z.jpg

5575140185_70c02a6afc_z.jpg

I have a couple of these also (same exact Issue 48 errors). I don't think it was some 1 of a kind thing. I have been holding because I have no idea what they are worth or how to sell them.

So no input on my error 48? Has anyone seen another 48 error?

This isnt really an error book right? Its a production defect. To qualify as an error book the company would have to replace it with a corrected version. What you have is a printing error. Still cool as hell and more valuable as well because there wont be like 2,000 of them only yours and maybe a few others.

A good example of an error variant is Venom #1 Black edition

Ok I have been picking up a bunch of issues on the cheap on eBay. Collections for like $2 a comic or less. Well of the 6 issues 48s I have gotten in the last 5 weeks 1 of them is an error but is different than what is pictured.

Mine is missing pages 1-4 and has pages 5-8 in it twice. The double pages in the back are the Kirkmania.com, 2nd to last and last page of letters, and finally 1st half of tshirt ad.

So Looks like different printing errors are out there.

Found a So Much Fun Betty & Veronica 289 at WW Austin this last weekend for a buck, I'm down to 3 SMF to have a complete set...
Impressive!

How does your hulk 335 look? :idea::baiting:

The So Much Fun books, 12 in all I believe, were distributed in 3 packs at 5 and dimes. There were also 5000 of each printed, so keep that in mind. I know there are some existing pre packs in private collections, but they are pretty tough to find in the wild. I've come across a few, and am happy when I do.

If you're looking for an overall listing of the books mentioned to date, I'll leave that to others.

For a more detailed listing, go to the St. Louis comic variant mafia website-they have it covered better than anyone else.

Anyone know about the rarity of these? I got them from a Warner Brothers employee and they have photo covers rather than the comic art covers that went out to all of the comic stores. I have never seen these anywhere else, or up for auction on Ebay....

http://mythslegendsandheroes.com/red.jpg