• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo ASM #300?

58 posts in this topic

I was just searching ebay when I saw a ASM #300 CGC 9.8 going for over $900!?! Is this book picking up again? I have to admit Robojo has a bunch of nice graded books for sale at the moment. Not that I would buy any but the bids on some are crazy high!

I was just searching ebay when I saw a ASM #300 CGC 9.8 going for over $900!?! Is this book picking up again? I have to admit Robojo has a bunch of nice graded books for sale at the moment. Not that I would buy any but the bids on some are crazy high!

He's also got an ASM 14 in blue label CGC 8.5, along with some other nice blues, like you mention.

Salting the mine?

Microtrimming success?

hm

Is this the Dupcak guy right?

How the "blazes" does he get books of this quality. I'm not even talking about the RAW could be, may be books, but the high end 10k CGC graded top end books!?!??!

Someone could come across a high end book here and there, but this guy consistently has a huge supply of them.

Is this the Dupcak guy right?

How the "blazes" does he get books of this quality. I'm not even talking about the RAW could be, may be books, but the high end 10k CGC graded top end books!?!??!

Someone could come across a high end book here and there, but this guy consistently has a huge supply of them.

Its not hard to buy big books if you have plenty of money from robbing customers for a few decades.

Maybe his comic business is his SIDE business :baiting:

Unlikely. His side business, defrauding sports memorabilia autograph collectors, got shut down in the 90's. He served time.

He's been scamming collectors since the Marvel File Copy debacle over 20 years ago.

You can't scam a slabbed comic. It is what it is.

The 5 years parole he had to deal with means it was a felony(s). If he is up to his old tricks again that's like playing Russian Roulette with 5 rounds in the cylinder.

I's not sure if he's really scamming people or it's just more people grumbling that the neighbor bought a nicer car than you bought so there must be something wrong with it; or something like that. You get the idea.

You can't scam a slabbed comic. It is what it is.

The 5 years parole he had to deal with means it was a felony(s). If he is up to his old tricks again that's like playing Russian Roulette with 5 rounds in the cylinder.

I's not sure if he's really scamming people or it's just more people grumbling that the neighbor bought a nicer car than you bought so there must be something wrong with it; or something like that. You get the idea.

You can scam a slabbed comic. Please refer to the sordid tale of Jason Ewert. Be sure you understand what I meant by 'salting the mine' and 'microtrimming'.

Daniel Dupcak is a very smart criminal. He has evolved his old tricks, and covered himself with plausible deniability. If you do catch one of his subtle trim jobs, he'll refund you. So, please, if you doubt me, go ahead and buy from him. THAT'S playing Russian Roulette with a 5 load cylinder.

for the n00bs:

fantazia1.jpg

fantazia.jpg

I'm a noob. What the heck am I looking at :) Are these his advertisements? Where does he post them?

I think the first one is from the 'pedigree' Eastern File copies. which turned out to be a bunch of unused covers married to interiors or something like that.