• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your favorite holiday themed comic story?

119 posts in this topic

Kind of OT - This year I watched the first Batman the Animated series DVD set

and it had

on it...

if you haven't seen it, it's awesome.

Even though I am a huge fanboy of the first Star War Trilogy,

I like Mark Hamill as the Joker over Luke. It's almost like a roll that

was meant for him.

:cloud9:

I really liked the 1998 Batgirl Adventures #1

"Oy To The World"?

Where Batgirl reluctantly teams with Harley Quinn to save a kidnapped Poison Ivy.

I'm going to a small comicon this weekend and I'm going to look for that.

(thumbs u

I figured since it was almost December it would be cool to point out you favorite

holiday themed story.

Mine is Marvel Team-up #1. Even though it wasn't really focused on the Holidays

per say it has a cool story that has a cool holiday wrap-up surprise.

106763.jpg

Spoiler Link! A review for those that need a lil' heads-up on the story...

How cool would it be to have gotten this book as a present have read it Christmas day?...

What is you fav holiday story?

hm

before i opened the thread that's the first one that came to mind. remember it from my childhood especially because it was reprinted in a giant size holiday treasury.

I honestly think those giant treasuries would sell pretty well if widely distributed at a not-too-insane pricepoint like $9.99 or less. Need to go see if I still have any of these for my 6 year old. He'd probably get a kick out of them and my 30+ year old copies must be pretty beat up anyway by now, although I tend to think this is the kind of thing that is sitting in a box in my mother's storage room with other kids stuff and not in my comic den.

I really liked the 1998 Batgirl Adventures #1

"Oy To The World"?

Where Batgirl reluctantly teams with Harley Quinn to save a kidnapped Poison Ivy.

I'm going to a small comicon this weekend and I'm going to look for that.

(thumbs u

You will love it. (thumbs u It has alot of "layers" to it with it's complicated female characters, not to mention pages. I'm not surprised eBay sellers charged upwards $30 for it at a time. From my limited comic experience(I tend to stay in Moderns), this is my top Christmas time funny book. If you have wee ones, I recommend "suitable for all ages" Justice League Unlimited #16. It's about a supervillian busting out of a prison on a mission for Christmas. Not to heavy handed for grown-ups to enjoy either.

Oh, How can I forget Dark Horse's Jingle Belle? I just set up my little Christmas figurine of her on display. Heck, it's my Facebook profile picture now even for the holidays. Jingle Belle is Santa's adorably spoiled daughter getting caught up in money schemes during the Christmas holidays. She was created by Paul Dini, who wrote the Batgirl Adventures #1 book.

Here is the Wiki story on her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingle_Belle

Highly recommended for this time of the year. Enjoy! :)

Christmas for Shacktown :)

I bought this book for my son for his first Christmas - he was just two months old! We re-read it every year. I also love "Christmas On Bear Mountain" by Barks - the first appearance of Uncle Scrooge.

every trip to the mall in December reminds me of this story:

wolverine.jpg

solicit:

It's Christmas Eve, and a heavily armed suicide cult clad in elf outfits--has taken hostage a mid-Manhattan department store and is threatening to blow the place sky high. Among the shoppers: Logan, who's just itching to sink his (Santa) claws into someone after enduring the Yuletide rush. Should be easy for a damn-near invulnerable force of nature to save the day, right? Think again. All is not as it seems, as a spoiled billionaire's daughter is about to find out, and the true meaning of Christmas will be spelt out...in blood

great funny story....