• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCAA POOL?

116 posts in this topic

Are you going to go to any other games? I'm probably going to either an elite 8 game or the final four. Perhaps we could meet up for a beer? :\

Brian

I wish...this game's about 3 miles from where I work, and as I've been a Gator fan for over 25 years, how could I not go!?!? In 2000 when we went to the Championship Game I went to our 1st round game against Butler in Winston-Salem, which was about an hour drive or so. Turned out to be the greatest game in UF BB history, to date anyway, although living on Tobacco Road it was pretty sweet to beat BOTH UNC and Duke...sorry greggy! confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh well, if you do end up goin let me know. Seeing your team play is always fun, I was at the ISU-Michigan game a couple years back. Awesome game, but ISU got screwed.

Btw, I don't foresee a very bright future for the Gators in this tournament. IMO they're goin down in the first rd.

Brian

Oh well, if you do end up goin let me know. Seeing your team play is always fun, I was at the ISU-Michigan game a couple years back. Awesome game, but ISU got screwed.

Btw, I don't foresee a very bright future for the Gators in this tournament. IMO they're goin down in the first rd.

Brian

Hmmm...we have 10 losses this year, 3 to Kentucky and one to Mississippi State, going up against a team that had to beat Niagra to get in the tourney. But apparently Matt Walsh is injured so we may be screwed. frown.gif

Are you going to go to any other games? I'm probably going to either an elite 8 game or the final four. Perhaps we could meet up for a beer? :\

Brian

I wish...this game's about 3 miles from where I work, and as I've been a Gator fan for over 25 years, how could I not go!?!? In 2000 when we went to the Championship Game I went to our 1st round game against Butler in Winston-Salem, which was about an hour drive or so. Turned out to be the greatest game in UF BB history, to date anyway, although living on Tobacco Road it was pretty sweet to beat BOTH UNC and Duke...sorry greggy! confused-smiley-013.gif

Too bad they'll lose to Wake in the second round this year! cool.gif

Hadn't heard about Walsh, what's wrong with him? He looked good in the conf tournament.

I wonder what Drejer is doing right now, other then being a quitter.. ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

Drejer's already in the "off-season" in Europe...loser! mad.gif

Here's what Billy D had to say about Walsh's injury (hopefully you've eaten already):

"I am concerned right now...He has an issue with his foot right now that I have never seen in my life...I do not know what the future holds for Matt (Walsh)...Matt has a form of tendinitis under his foot and a bruised bone...they gave him an injection...he has a tendinitis bone bruise under his foot and on top of that, he has completely torn a good portion of his foot off. There is no skin and it's bloody, it is just a mess right now." 893whatthe.gif

Apparently he ripped off a big 'ole blister on the bottom of his foot halfway thru the 1st half of the SEC Championship game...but that didn't stop him from scoring 17 pts and pulling down 7 boards. The guy's a gamer!! thumbsup2.gif

tournament.gif

Final eight

Providence

Michigan St

Wake Forest

Oklahoma State

Duke

Texas

Maryland

UConn

Final 4

Providence vs. Wake Forest

Duke v UConn

Final

Providence beats Duke 88-83

The team that will lose by the widest margin is Manhattan

Hey, that sounds fun. The one thing I hate about basketball is what it does to your feet. The shoes I wear are too wide for my feet (most shoes are made width wise for a little above avg size width of foot). This causes rubbing when you change direction, move, etc. This causes some hellish burns and blisters. The alternative is to wear uncomfortable supporters in the sides of your shoes. It's the lesser of the 2 evils, but it still just doesn't fell right.

DD, why are you so high on Providence?

Brian

I've started a private league on ESPN.com for those from the boards interested in joining. Go to ESPN.com, click on "Fill Out Your Bracket Now" (create personal user name and password, if needed), and then search for this league and join:

League: Comic Books!

Password: restoration

Its a "private" league, so you need the password. Must post entries before the first game starts. Its free! You can be the board winner for bragging rights!

Hmmm...we have 10 losses this year, 3 to Kentucky and one to Mississippi State,

Who else did you lose to? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif............................ tongue.gif

Looks like we lost to 3 other tourney teams as well - Louisville, Vandy, and...hmmm...who was that....can't remember? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif......Sure you can't.

OK. Here are my picks:

Elite 8:

Kentucky

GT

Wake

OSU

Duke

Texas

Stanford

UConn

Final 4:

Kentucky

OSU

Texas 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

UConn

Final: UConn beats Kentucky

Team that gets whipped worst: Either Florida A&M or Liberty (pick 'em)

Due to misunderstanding the original vague directive, a change is required for awe4one's submission affecting the team that will lose by the greatest margin in the annual NCAA Tournament entry.

Please delete Wake Forest and insert Valparaiso. This change will take effect immediately and cannot be superceded. No further changes are required.

Very respectively,

Jim

Military enough for you? grin.gifforeheadslap.gif

Well, I'm glad the deadline isn't until Friday at noon...gives half the field a chance to lose before my picks are due. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW, any Manhattan Jaspers on board? What's a Jasper anyhow? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think a "Jasper" is a Gator killer!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

tournament.gif

Okay, I think I have a winner here:

Final eight

Kentucky

Georgia Tech

Florida Manhattan cry.gif

Oklahoma State

Duke

Texas

Stanford

UConn

Final 4

Kentucky vs. Oklahoma State

Duke v UConn

Final

Kentucky beats Duke

The team that will lose by the widest margin is Florida A&M.

DD, why are you so high on Providence?

Brian

I like Big East basketball teams and how they have performed in the tourney historically? confused-smiley-013.gif

Just guess work mostly, but I filled out that espn pool and was just relisting my picks on here. I wanted something interesting instead of a 1 or 2 winning it all like I usually pick. I'm a sucker really for UCONN. I love the 'CUSE being from NY but I'm also seeing something of a deep thrat in MD after sunday. however after today, the Terps struggling to pull it out ffrom UTEP 893frustrated.gif I hope they make it as far as I predicted wink.gif