• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you MARVEL or DC?

MARVEL VS DC  

447 members have voted

1. 1. MARVEL VS DC

104 posts in this topic

With the current comics coming out, I find myself mostly picking up the DC titles more than Marvel.

With what's in my of collection Silver Age & Bronze though... it's just the opposite.

Exactly how I am as well.

Overall I would call myself a DC guy, but I do buy lots of silver/bronze Marvel stuff, especially Hulk.

Have always been marvel but since F_T has been suggesting me DC's from the 80's to read I am starting to love DC as well (thumbs u Also like Toysmania, blackest night and Brightest day has really impressed me.

Nick recommended some DCs?? :o

I'm a Marvel Zombie to the core but I remember initially growing up on Batman and still love him to this day.

I just found that the era that i loved, Bronze and Silver, most the stuff that DC put out was just soooo corny and campy that I couldn't stand it. It was like watching B and C movies on a Saturday afternoon.

To me Marvel was always like an A list movie with full on Hollywood production.

That's changed over the years and DC really has put out some quality stuff but it used to be the exception and not the norm.

That's my answer.

(thumbs u

My collecting focus is Silver/Bronze, I grew up on Marvel.

But the more I see of the Adams books and Wrightson/Moore Swamp Thing, the more and more I appreciate DC.

So while I am still Marvel, I find my resolve wavering.

I'm a Marvel Zombie to the core but I remember initially growing up on Batman and still love him to this day.

I just found that the era that i loved, Bronze and Silver, most the stuff that DC put out was just soooo corny and campy that I couldn't stand it. It was like watching B and C movies on a Saturday afternoon.

That's changed over the years and DC really has put out some quality stuff but it used to be the exception and not the norm.

That's my answer.

(thumbs u

Non-superhero Bronze Age DCs, especially war, western and horror, were generally better than Marvel's genre books of that era.

That's my answer.

(thumbs u

Non-superhero Bronze Age DCs, especially war, western and horror, were generally better than Marvel's genre books of that era.

You're probably right but then I'm more of a Superhero zombie than I am even a Marvel zombie so I never explored those options.

That's my answer.

(thumbs u

You're probably right but then I'm more of a Superhero zombie than I am even a Marvel zombie so I never explored those options.

Difficult to argue over the super-hero output of both companies during the 70s, though. The Bat-books were all good (not to mention the hugely innovative Manhunter in 'Tec) and of course there was GL/GA and possibly Superboy / LSH, but the rest of the roster was inferior.