• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you MARVEL or DC?

MARVEL VS DC  

447 members have voted

1. 1. MARVEL VS DC

104 posts in this topic

Difficult to argue over the super-hero output of both companies during the 70s, though. The Bat-books were all good (not to mention the hugely innovative Manhunter in 'Tec) and of course there was GL/GA and possibly Superboy / LSH, but the rest of the roster was inferior.

I'll take your word for it. I know that Batman was good as I was a fan.

I was so turned off by DC in general though that I didn't bother reading a lot of that material and so likely did miss some good stuff.

Marvel Superhero stuff I couldn't get enough of. I'd read it over and over, draw it, read it again, read the bullpen stuff, letters. Make Mine Marvel!

Ive always been a bigger Marvel fan but during the 80's with Crisis on infinite earths I really got into DC. Teen Titans, Byrne Superman, Batman, Perez Wonder Woman, Giffen's justice League, Baron & guice on flash.......man! I could not get enough of DC at that time! I really miss how good DC was back then. I am not collecting any DC books right now. Morrison completely turned me off of batman, superman is unrecognizable to me, JLA & JSA are terrible. I don't know what happened to the titans ( I hear Krul is doing some good work on them now though). I can't get into the whole slew of colored rings that Johns has going on in GL. The last DC book I got was Power Girl 1-12 for Amanda Connors work, who was one of my all time faves!

On the Marvel side I'm really surprised how much I've been enjoying spidey since One More Day (which I was really against). New Avengers has been a fun read. Hawkeye & Mockingbird was a blast and Cap is always a good read.

Have always been marvel but since F_T has been suggesting me DC's from the 80's to read I am starting to love DC as well (thumbs u Also like Toysmania, blackest night and Brightest day has really impressed me.

Nick recommended some DCs?? :o

He's got to try to get rid of them somehow. (shrug)

I started out Marvel, and turned to DC, DC just has a richer history for me. Marvel just doesnt go back as far, and the characters IMO are just not ever going to change. I have a few complete/near complete Marvel runs, but I couldnt tell you the last Marvel back issue of any significance I bought. (Thats a lie, Defenders 1 Winnipeg)