• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you MARVEL or DC?

MARVEL VS DC  

447 members have voted

1. 1. MARVEL VS DC

104 posts in this topic

And Zatanna.

Have you read the new series? I just pre-ordered the first trade but I've not heard much about it ...

It's OK - nothing magical.

Shouldn't that be...

Lacigam gnihton?

;)

And Zatanna.

Have you read the new series? I just pre-ordered the first trade but I've not heard much about it ...

It's OK - nothing magical.

Shouldn't that be...

Lacigam gnihton?

;)

No - because that's magic :acclaim:

I won't answer because it's too broad a question that demands a more narrowed response.

Golden Age: DC

Silver Age: Marvel

Bronze Age: DC/Marvel

Copper Age: DC/Marvel

Modern: Pass

So really, I'd have to say it's close to a tie for me. MAYBE Marvel has the edge on only because it has Spider-Man. But it's a close one on the whole.

Forrest, FYI. I own about 5 spidey books to every batman or detective book. And probably the same with X-Men..

But, which do you prefer most? lol To be fair, I'd venture a safe guess that I have about 100 less Batman to Spider-Man books.

DC.

DC characters always seemed more mature to me. Versus flashy, style over substance characters Marvel has.

My man, I find it hard to relate to this. DC's stuff over the years seemed to be corny and geared towards smaller kids with the exception of the Bat books in the bronze age and some non Superhero titles.

By comparison, Marvel's stuff was made of storylines that were interwoven into long story arcs with real life problems. To me that struck me as much more mature subject matter.

And you base this off which DC books you read consistently over the years? Spidey always had the same problems, ASM storylines are like having 6 different labels on the same product. X-Men dealt with race issues, Adams did a much better job in Green Lantern. FF had a chance, but again constant rehash of the same stories. SGT.fury was cool, Sgt Rock is better by far. Kid Colt vs. Jonah Hex maybe?? I can keep going if you like.