• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holiday Sale at The Artist's Choice

67 posts in this topic

Just got my order inquiry response after waiting almost a month. Out of 7 items I was looking to purchase only 2 were available. I wish I did some alternative requests in case some items I wanted were out of stock like another poster did. I guess when this sale pops up at the end of 2011 I'll try and send my request sooner.

I just got this from Spencer:

Sam -

I am sorry to say, but I received a phone call today from UPS.

Apparently your package was destroyed in shipment and disposed of without notice to me.

I have already started the paperwork to get the claim paid immediately.

So, you can either obtain an immediate refund OR you can choose one more page from Mr. Bagley and One more page from Mr. Rubinstein as a replacement for the same dollar values minus the 50% off sale discounts of course.

YORU CHOICE

I am sorry, but due to UPS's screw up the artwork is gone.

I am truly sorry.

Spencer R. Beck

The Artist's Choice

http://www.theartistschoice.com

Sam

That's horrible that the art was destroyed but that's awesome that you can get an immediate refund like that. Every time I have had a piece lost or damaged the seller has made me wait for the claim to get processed and for him to get paid before giving me my refund.

At least you can make the best out of a bad situation, and right away.

I was just emailing with Spencer and he wanted me to post the following on his behalf:

"To those who have made orders with The Artist's Choice, and have patiently waited for those orders to be completed I want to thank you for your business. The was our most successful holiday sale to date. No one could have anticipated the enormity of the order volume we experienced. During the sale we took in 637 orders for over 5,000 pieces of art. Fulfilling these orders has been ongoing all day and into the night straight through the holidays to the present. We have done our best to work through these orders quickly and efficiently, but my full time day job, and the end of the year madness did their best to slow things down. We wish we could have processed all the orders the same day they were made but that was impossible given the scope of the pulling, packing, shipping process on 5,000+ pages.

As always we strive to make thing right for the customer as with the case of the destroyed page that I have offered to refund immediately to the client and I will wait for reimbursement from the insurance claim.

Thank you again for your support and for making this sale the best we've ever had at The Artist's Choice.

Spencer Beck."

So apparently (unless they were stolen), these two pages are gone forever.

Mark Bagley

Batman 689 pg 8

Josef Rubinstein

Green Arrow/Black Canary 18 pg 4

Thankfully, Spencer is a stand up guy and isnt making me wait ubtil the whole mess is cleared up. Now I'm off to pick some replacements!

So what's up with UPS' "package was destroyed in shipment and disposed of without notice"?

So UPS first stomped all over the shipment and when they saw it all messed up they just threw it away or did they lose it? I thought even though they mangle packages they at least still deliver it?

So what's up with UPS' "package was destroyed in shipment and disposed of without notice"?

So UPS first stomped all over the shipment and when they saw it all messed up they just threw it away or did they lose it? I thought even though they mangle packages they at least still deliver it?

Interpret 'destroyed' any way you like. hm

Considering I had a portfolio disappear(AKA same story, was destroyed) in their hands right after x-mas (coming out of NYC, Spencer is in nearby Connecticut)

I think we have a new OA collector that works for UPS.....

I believe destroyed means "Doug Heffernan is a big fan of Mark Bagley"

The ridiculous thing is apparently it made it all the way to the UPS office within 20 minutes from my house, sat there a few days, then came up missing. They apparently had the empty box.

Spartanburg, SC, United States 01/14/2011 10:10 A.M. Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.

01/14/2011 4:24 A.M. Out For Delivery

Spartanburg, SC, United States 01/12/2011 12:00 P.M. Adverse weather conditions.

01/12/2011 6:11 A.M. Arrival Scan

West Columbia, SC, United States 01/12/2011 4:17 A.M. Departure Scan

01/12/2011 12:01 A.M. Arrival Scan