• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cliffnotes on strikes

87 posts in this topic

The pitchers pitched, the batters missed.

smiley%20whew.gif

I thought you were going to say the pitchers pitched, and the catchers caught.

:sick:

Speaking of which, the video store called, the movies you rented are LONG overdue. (thumbs u

smiley%20whew.gif

Speaking of which, the video store called, the movies you rented are LONG overdue. (thumbs u

Deep Throat and Flesh Gordon.

smiley%20whew.gif

:eek:

:fear:

I've been too busy to pay attention to drama, but I just found out and :o :o

I'd still like to know how my buddy Anthony got a strike?

Next time call me, biznatch. Don't waste your finger prints typing on a keyboard.

:makepoint:

:juggle:

TFL starts a thread imitating a newbie coming to the boards with a shill. Starts getting almost immediate notice due to his atypical writing/grammar style. Ultimately, he accidentally logs in as TFL thinking he is in the shill account and responds to a previous post. Cat's out of the bag and the pile on begins in earnest. Finally, Arch bans TFL and two shill accounts.

Meanwhile on the high seas :whistle: Pirate seems to not be feeling the holiday cheer of late. Begins Trolling in the speculating moderns thread (over in the modern comics subsection). Such grinchiness is noted by the mods who bestow a seven day lump of coal in his stocking. :juggle:

Meanwhile, Meanwhile....Greggy and Oakman get into a knock down drag out. Attacks apparently get rather personal (only read the aftermath on this...thread was massively trimmed by the reports of some boardies). Mods decide ultimately that it was Greggy who crossed the line of no return and a strike is issued to him as well. It remains to be seen if things can be patched up in time for the board holiday festivities...although Oakman did extend an olive branch in the aftermath I believe. hm

Meanwhile, Meanwhile...by that I mean NOW :doh: Larry's Comics (the proprieter running the speculation thread in modern) was giving as good as he got from his detractors. Unfortunately, he threatened RMA (I believe) with releasing his personal information. The mods decided that this was not in the spirit of Chanukah and another strike was swiftly issued.

Think that is it :shrug:

PHEW!

SE

TFL starts a thread imitating a newbie coming to the boards with a shill. Starts getting almost immediate notice due to his atypical writing/grammar style. Ultimately, he accidentally logs in as TFL thinking he is in the shill account and responds to a previous post. Cat's out of the bag and the pile on begins in earnest. Finally, Arch bans TFL and two shill accounts.

Meanwhile on the high seas :whistle: Pirate seems to not be feeling the holiday cheer of late. Begins Trolling in the speculating moderns thread (over in the modern comics subsection). Such grinchiness is noted by the mods who bestow a seven day lump of coal in his stocking. :juggle:

Meanwhile, Meanwhile....Greggy and Oakman get into a knock down drag out. Attacks apparently get rather personal (only read the aftermath on this...thread was massively trimmed by the reports of some boardies). Mods decide ultimately that it was Greggy who crossed the line of no return and a strike is issued to him as well. It remains to be seen if things can be patched up in time for the board holiday festivities...although Oakman did extend an olive branch in the aftermath I believe. hm

Meanwhile, Meanwhile...by that I mean NOW :doh: Larry's Comics (the proprieter running the speculation thread in modern) was giving as good as he got from his detractors. Unfortunately, he threatened RMA (I believe) with releasing his personal information. The mods decided that this was not in the spirit of Chanukah and another strike was swiftly issued.

PHEW!

SE

An excellent summation. Thread closed!

PHEW!

SE

Shame. It should be the most Festive time of the year. It takes a lot to tick me off between Thanksgiving and the New Year. :P