• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cliffnotes on strikes

87 posts in this topic

Clang ,clang, clang went the trolley

Ding, ding, ding went the bell

Zing, zing, zing went my heartstrings

As we started for Huntington Dell

EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!!!!!!!

91157a5acfa31f30f5c5.gif91157a5acfa31f30f5c5.gif

:juggle:

TFL starts a thread imitating a newbie coming to the boards with a shill. Starts getting almost immediate notice due to his atypical writing/grammar style. Ultimately, he accidentally logs in as TFL thinking he is in the shill account and responds to a previous post. Cat's out of the bag and the pile on begins in earnest. Finally, Arch bans TFL and two shill accounts.

Meanwhile on the high seas :whistle:That scurvy dog, Pirate, be not feeling the holiday cheer of late, arrrrr matey. He be trollin' in the speculating moderns thread (instead of swabbing down the poop deck). Ahoy, such grinchiness be noted by the mods who bestow a se'en day lump o' coal in his stockin' instead of a bottle o rum, yo ho ho. Ye'll ne'er get me buried booty, or me lucky charms!. :juggle:

Meanwhile, Meanwhile....Greggy and Oakman get into a knock down drag out. Attacks apparently get rather personal (only read the aftermath on this...thread was massively trimmed by the reports of some boardies). Mods decide ultimately that it was Greggy who crossed the line of no return and a strike is issued to him as well. It remains to be seen if things can be patched up in time for the board holiday festivities...although Oakman did extend an olive branch in the aftermath I believe. hm

Meanwhile, Meanwhile...by that I mean NOW :doh: Larry's Comics (the proprieter running the speculation thread in modern) was giving as good as he got from his detractors. Unfortunately, he threatened RMA (I believe) with releasing his personal information. The mods decided that this was not in the spirit of Chanukah and another strike was swiftly issued.

Think that is it :shrug:

PHEW!

SE

Nice summation. just a few edits though.

Now them be some edits...me thinks a first mate for the good ship Snake Eyes be found...now let us be find'n them five golden rings I hear these scallawags sing'n on about! :ohnoez:

:gossip: Thanks for the kind words Bosco...was procrastinating and reading all of those threads this morning and thought I would do a good turn and save folks some of the wading through posts (thumbs u

Happy Holidays All,

SE

:juggle:

TFL starts a thread imitating a newbie coming to the boards with a shill. Starts getting almost immediate notice due to his atypical writing/grammar style. Ultimately, he accidentally logs in as TFL thinking he is in the shill account and responds to a previous post. Cat's out of the bag and the pile on begins in earnest. Finally, Arch bans TFL and two shill accounts.

Meanwhile on the high seas :whistle:That scurvy dog, Pirate, be not feeling the holiday cheer of late, arrrrr matey. He be trollin' in the speculating moderns thread (instead of swabbing down the poop deck). Ahoy, such grinchiness be noted by the mods who bestow a se'en day lump o' coal in his stockin' instead of a bottle o rum, yo ho ho. Ye'll ne'er get me buried booty, or me lucky charms!. :juggle:

Meanwhile, Meanwhile....Greggy and Oakman get into a knock down drag out. Attacks apparently get rather personal (only read the aftermath on this...thread was massively trimmed by the reports of some boardies). Mods decide ultimately that it was Greggy who crossed the line of no return and a strike is issued to him as well. It remains to be seen if things can be patched up in time for the board holiday festivities...although Oakman did extend an olive branch in the aftermath I believe. hm

Meanwhile, Meanwhile...by that I mean NOW :doh: Larry's Comics (the proprieter running the speculation thread in modern) was giving as good as he got from his detractors. Unfortunately, he threatened RMA (I believe) with releasing his personal information. The mods decided that this was not in the spirit of Chanukah and another strike was swiftly issued.

Think that is it :shrug:

PHEW!

SE

Nice summation. just a few edits though.

Now them be some edits...me thinks a first mate for the good ship Snake Eyes be found...now let us be find'n them five golden rings I hear these scallawags sing'n on about! :ohnoez:

:gossip: Thanks for the kind words Bosco...was procrastinating and reading all of those threads this morning and thought I would do a good turn and save folks some of the wading through posts (thumbs u

Happy Holidays All,

SE

I appreciate the summary! I have not been following the boards much the past 3 days.

Clang ,clang, clang went the trolley

Ding, ding, ding went the bell

Zing, zing, zing went my heartstrings

As we started for Huntington Dell

I can honestly say, I only knew the first two lines.

I don't even know what "Huntington Dell" is, but without looking it up, maybe a Dept. Store...?