• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 27 appreciation thread.

45 posts in this topic

I picked up a copy at my LCS and just finished reading it.

So a few comments without giving away anything yet.

I enjoyed the book. It flowed well and the art is a little different. I personally didnt care for it, but it didnt take away from the story. The book is oversized so that too will be an interesting development. This book will take a few issues before I can see how much I like it. It didnt hook me like Morning Glories did, but it left me wanting more. I am interested enough to buy the entire series after the first issue.

Or at least issue 2 to see where it goes.I love the cover its haunting in a way. It has a kinda Vertigish feel that will appeal to alot of alternative comic lovers as well. My LCS sold out in a few hours.

There was suppossed to be some type of contest as well, but didnt ready anything about it in the first issue.

What's it about?

The 1st issue is about a musician (guitarist) who was in a band that got real famous. It then flash forwards a year and the main character has lost the ability to move his left hand. (They quoted some medical condition.) He goes to visit a "special" healer, and to keep this post spoiler free lets just say the story goes on from there.

It was a decent read. I don't know if it's worth the hype, but it is worth the read.

Anyone else have printer creases on their back covers? All the copies at my LCS had the same (what appear to be) printer creases to varying degrees. Wondering if defects hit the whole run or just ones in my area.

What's it about?

The 1st issue is about a musician (guitarist) who was in a band that got real famous. It then flash forwards a year and the main character has lost the ability to move his left hand. (They quoted some medical condition.) He goes to visit a "special" healer, and to keep this post spoiler free lets just say the story goes on from there.

It was a decent read. I don't know if it's worth the hype, but it is worth the read.

Cheers (thumbs u