• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where's the Sense of Community?

560 posts in this topic

Stay out of Comics General as much as possible & you'll have a reawakening.

+1 google

Seriously, there are great people and coversations elsewhere. It's just that they tend to center on comic books not people eagerly seeking other people to disagree with.

I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards. I mean, we used to get newbies like AdamStrange, Ciorac, SACentaur, Gator, Bangzoom, etc. They were instant contributors who brought a lot to the boards, and almost as importantly had a sense of how to behave properly.

These days, the newbies contribute very little, do no research and start new threads, about topics that have already been discussed to death, at the drop of a hat. I can`t remember the last time a worthwhile newbie joined the boards.

I would guess Thursday, December 4, 2003.

lol

I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards. I mean, we used to get newbies like AdamStrange, Ciorac, SACentaur, Gator, Bangzoom, etc. They were instant contributors who brought a lot to the boards, and almost as importantly had a sense of how to behave properly.

These days, the newbies contribute very little, do no research and start new threads, about topics that have already been discussed to death, at the drop of a hat. I can`t remember the last time a worthwhile newbie joined the boards.

lol

He must have checked in his old diary that it was a Thursday.

Now, I'm upset.

You wouldn't be if you contributed something.

:baiting:

lol

The day you registered includes the day in the date under your avatar, Mr. Monday's Child.

lol

The day you registered includes the day in the date under your avatar, Mr. Monday's Child.

Not on my screen Solomon.

Now, I'm upset.

Valued contribution is over-rated - you taught me that.

I guess I must be lucky thus far. I have had excellent dealing's with many incredibly nice people on the boards.

Maybe the mood is economy related, a couple three years ago everything seemed new and generally on a upward trend, now not so much. Regardless it is still nice to have a "community" of more or less like minded individuals with such varying opinions which always make's it interesting.

And to be able to just drop in and peruse so many topics and buy and sell is excellent. But when people PM you and you get to chat one on one you really appreciate the "community" aspect. Everybody has there good day's and bad day's <3

Now, I'm upset.

Valued contribution is over-rated - you taught me that.

You're saying that I am under appreciated?

:grin:

Comicopolis :)

Only 7000 posts in more than 7 years - that's just lazy.

TOTAL NEWBIE

12962.gif

Loc: UK

Watson's heart

Aww, that's sweet. <3

Must be an account or profile setting.

Now, I'm upset.

You're more than worthwhile. You're bona fide.

He's FOP man!