• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank you board members

26 posts in this topic

I was new here and lonely........no I do not want a date. I just remember as a teenager with several friends as enthusiastic as myself, collecting comics. Now I have no one to share my experiences with, my wife does not care about anything other than the cost of that "stupid comic" and my mother was bored to death with my stories back in the early 90's.

So for the past ten years I have been collecting on my own, there have been periods of inactivity due to loss of interest. Then I decide that I should take the plunge and get my comics graded. That along with meeting Stan Lee has rejuvenated my passion for collecting, despite the ability to share (or brag). Then I stumble upon these boards as a direct result of a premium membership to CGC. And VOILA!! I now have people I can brag to....I mean share with. Of course I have had to buy off most of my new comrades buy purchasing their no longer wanted books, but that is ok with me. Richie Rich bought all his friends too, despite what the books may have said.

So now I am still new here, but no longer lonely thanks to you guys.

Heartfelt and mildly depressing at the same time.

Add a bit weird coming from someone with the nickname Chunkybutt. :o

But yeah, Welcome to the Ward.

Let's not forget there's another forumite named "buttock."

Kinda makes sense when you find a comic dealer calling his collectors "asses."

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=4442038&Searchpage=1&Main=208318&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post4442038

I, personally, admire/stare at phine phat women w/a buncha junk in the trunk.
Well you do have a hobby there, don't you.

It's a great hobby.

I, personally, admire/stare at phine phat women w/a buncha junk in the trunk.
Well you do have a hobby there, don't you.

It's a great hobby.

Not an item one lists on most resumes though. :banana:

I was new here and lonely........no I do not want a date. I just remember as a teenager with several friends as enthusiastic as myself, collecting comics. Now I have no one to share my experiences with, my wife does not care about anything other than the cost of that "stupid comic" and my mother was bored to death with my stories back in the early 90's.

So for the past ten years I have been collecting on my own, there have been periods of inactivity due to loss of interest. Then I decide that I should take the plunge and get my comics graded. That along with meeting Stan Lee has rejuvenated my passion for collecting, despite the ability to share (or brag). Then I stumble upon these boards as a direct result of a premium membership to CGC. And VOILA!! I now have people I can brag to....I mean share with. Of course I have had to buy off most of my new comrades buy purchasing their no longer wanted books, but that is ok with me. Richie Rich bought all his friends too, despite what the books may have said.

Have fun! (thumbs u

Welcome home....