• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When do you give negatives on shipping prices?..

42 posts in this topic

I think if it's WAY over a negative may be warranted if you can't reach an amicable settlement before hand. But I do think a person's time and care is worth something and 3.05 shipping to $6.00 charged isn't unreasonable to me as long as the books arrives in condition stated, like Boozad said.

I only give negative if they grossly overcharge and grossly under pack; like the guy who charged me $45 to ship 10 slabs, stuck them unprotected in a box and had $17 in postage.

However, if it's something like what you experienced, I would note it in the comments.

I only give negative if they grossly overcharge and grossly under pack; like the guy who charged me $45 to ship 10 slabs, stuck them unprotected in a box and had $17 in postage.

However, if it's something like what you experienced, I would note it in the comments.

I wouldn't even note it, in these circumstances. The only thing that gives me pause is the "He quoted $5 and charged $6". You might ding his DSR to a 4 (only because of his $5 quote) but under no circumstances put a 1 or 2 as it is very punitive to a seller, since they lose discounts, etc.

I think if you agree to pay X amount shipping you should never leave less than 5 star feedback if you are charged X. The only caveat to that philosophy is in regards to combined shipping.

If it's only a dollar or two let it go. Like one guy said already if it's robbery then slam them with negative feedback. A week ago I was complaining about a guy that charged me $19 for a $4.90 flat rate. He caught 10 negative feedbacks in one shot. If he charged me a few dollars over regular postage and it was packed well then it's warranted. $6 isn't bad at all.

In my opinion it's a non-issue for a $3 difference in shipping charges. If it was a $10 difference, then he's deserving of getting slammed (if he wouldn't refund the difference). In the big picture, getting overcharged $3 on shipping is the least of your worries when buying on eBay

was it for shipping and handling, a la bubble wrap, and box? some even use the cost for gas. :screwy: that's why i always charge exact shipping. no surprises with me and i walk to the post office. :acclaim:

Bro, high test gas is expensive in my area.

:insane:

I think if it's WAY over a negative may be warranted if you can't reach an amicable settlement before hand. But I do think a person's time and care is worth something and 3.05 shipping to $6.00 charged isn't unreasonable to me as long as the books arrives in condition stated, like Boozad said.

Agreed, $3 over is not a lot, especially if there were any special packaging materials involved AND if the books arrived in good shape because of them.

Now if he wrapped them in a used sandwich bag and stuck a stamp on the side and dropped it in the mail like that, that's going to be a different matter.

was it for shipping and handling, a la bubble wrap, and box? some even use the cost for gas. :screwy: that's why i always charge exact shipping. no surprises with me and i walk to the post office. :acclaim:

If the customer inconveniences me by buying on a Friday I'm charging him for the extra drink I have to buy as I walk by the local bar.

:sumo:

If the book arrived in the condition stated, shipped fast and safe, with decent communication, I'd give him 5 stars and glowing feedback. 3 bucks aint much.

After you got the invoice and before sending payment, did you tell him your concern about the dollar extra shipping?

nope I just figured it was what it was & was not a lot so just paid it ... it sort of erked me a bit when it came back even less than quoted price though, but I"m happy with the books & like others have said... what the hell ... (shrug)

If the book arrived in the condition stated, shipped fast and safe, with decent communication, I'd give him 5 stars and glowing feedback. 3 bucks aint much.

After you got the invoice and before sending payment, did you tell him your concern about the dollar extra shipping?

nope I just figured it was what it was & was not a lot so just paid it ... it sort of erked me a bit when it came back even less than quoted price though, but I"m happy with the books & like others have said... what the hell ... (shrug)

Where did the book come from? $3 is pretty cheap to ship....

If the customer inconveniences me by buying on a Friday I'm charging him for the extra drink I have to buy as I walk by the local bar.

Roy, you have given me the best idea ever.

Drinks are on me tonight!

i take muni to the bars, and a cab home if i am crunked. :acclaim:

So, like, does that mean we have to come down to Baltimore?

:o

So, like, does that mean we have to come down to Baltimore?

:o

If ya'll do, I'll wear my beehive wig, hun!