• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Thor Trailer

56 posts in this topic

Why all the 3D hating??? (shrug)

Because the fear is, it's a gimmick that's used to cover up a lack of story and other serious defects.

Don't be scared of new technology everyone!!!! lol All special effects could be said to do the same thing and I know people say that all the time. So far I think The Last Airbender was the only 3D movie that I saw that was to much of a gimmick.

I don't see any reason to panic, they always release a 2D version as well, if you don't care for the 3D then just see the 2D (usually cheaper anyway!).

It is the cost? The glasses? The effect?

Because it's just a cash grab that adds no real substance to the movie most of the time.

It is the cost? The glasses? The effect?

Because it's just a cash grab that adds no real substance to the movie most of the time.

Isn't the whole make a movie, sell tickets, release a DVD, etc all a grab for money? And when was the last time Hollywood gave us any "real substance"?

Just think how much extra 3D movies are stimulating the economy and creating jobs!! lol

I guess I'm just one of those people who really likes the 3D effect, keep them coming as far as I'm concerned. With Green Lantern, Thor, Tron, Spiderman 4, and at least 15 other 3D movies slated for next year I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

(forgot the upcoming new Alien film!)

I don't see any reason to panic, they always release a 2D version as well, if you don't care for the 3D then just see the 2D (usually cheaper anyway!).

This is a joke right? We have two brand-spanking-new theaters nearby and both only show new releases in 3D. It's a profit deal, as ticket prices are insanely high for 3D, so they *force* you to pay the higher rate or not see it at all (or drive an hour to another suburb).

The only 2D movies they show are the ones without a 3D version so there really is no choice with newer theaters.