• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ho..Ho...Ho! Santa Jive's Huge Holiday Slab Sale...GA/SA/BA *CLOSED* Thanks!

214 posts in this topic

Okay, so the plans to get my submission books by tomorrow have fallen through.

As such, I will be closing this thread tonight, and sending out invoices soon thereafter.

If anyone is still interested in any of the books, shoot me an offer. I am open to trade offers as well if you have decent material to offer. If not, the remaining books can be found later in the week on eBay (albeit, at higher prices to cover the expense).

So, let's wheel and deal before they go elsewhere.

What'cha getting from Sarasota? :shy:

Another round of disappointing books.

You know, the ones you think are sure-fire top-graded books are disappointments. The one you just throw in to hit the Value Tier minimum end up getting 9.8s.

Another normal day of submissions, I guess. :tonofbricks:

It's the norm lately, man. My last 39 book sub was the first in memory where there were more mismatches than matches between my projected grade and the CGC assigned one.

Me too, as an example, one of my 9.0s came back as 8.0 and one of my 8.5 came back as 9.2 ?? ???

Grading still remains a gamble. CGC overall grades a B; still way ahead of any competition. If you can call PGX competition. No offense to CGC, but many of us old timers were accurately grading books before the CGC'ers were even born. Just sayin.

It's the norm lately, man. My last 39 book sub was the first in memory where there were more mismatches than matches between my projected grade and the CGC assigned one.

Me too, as an example, one of my 9.0s came back as 8.0 and one of my 8.5 came back as 9.2 ?? ???

Grading still remains a gamble. CGC overall grades a B; still way ahead of any competition. If you can call PGX competition. No offense to CGC, but many of us old timers were accurately grading books before the CGC'ers were even born. Just sayin.

Ditto, and before any number scale was imagined.