• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ho..Ho...Ho! Santa Jive's Huge Holiday Slab Sale...GA/SA/BA *CLOSED* Thanks!

214 posts in this topic

ASM # 39 (CGC 9.4 White) $2,395 SOLD :news:

A word about this book. It sold in the Pedigree Grand Auction for a steal, largely because the Spider-Mans were ending at 3:00pm EST on the Monday of a holiday week. Really, what percentage of potential buyers are placing their bids then?

Anyway, the price is in GPA, but it, and my price, are still way below the average for this book the last few years. GPA records four other sales of this book in 9.4 this year between $2,800-$3,900.

ASM39CGC94White.jpg

ASM # 39 (CGC 9.4 White) $2,395

A word about this book. It sold in the Pedigree Grand Auction for a steal, largely because the Spider-Mans were ending at 3:00pm EST on the Monday of a holiday week. Really, what percentage of potential buyers are placing their bids then?

Anyway, the price is in GPA, but it, and my price, are still way below the average for this book the last few years. GPA records four other sales of this book in 9.4 this year between $2,800-$3,900.

ASM39CGC94White.jpg

DAMN!!! Thats a nice book!

Out of my league unfortunately but someone is gonna get a sweet ASM (worship)

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

ASM # 33 (CGC 9.2 OW/W) $360

ASM # 70 (CGC 9.6 OW) $495

ASM # 94 (CGC 9.6 OW/W) $495

ASM # 145 (CGC 9.6 OW/W) $85

ASM # 150 (CGC 9.4 OW/W) $50

Captain America Comics # 39 (CGC 9.0 CRM/OW) $2,995. (Alex Schomburg war cover. Tied for highest graded copy. Top Guide is $4,300 or so.)

Page 2:

Green Hornet Comics # 20 (CGC 8.5 ® Cover Cleaned only) $375. (Really great way to own a high grade Classic Schomburg war cover for cheap. Resto is very light, and the book presents fantastically well.)

Sub-Mariner # 35 (CGC 9.0 White) $75 (*) Really expected a 9.4 on this one. Nice book.

Page 3:

Fantastic Four # 32 (CGC 9.6 CRM/OW) $1,195

Page 4:

FF # 59 (CGC 9.4 OW/W) $225

FF # 102 (CGC 9.4 OW/W Northland) $125

Page 8:

American Library Guadalcanal Diary # nn (CGC 8.0 CRM/OW Lost Valley Pedigree) $150.

Journey into Mystery # 76 (CGC 9.0 White) Pricing Variant $1,100.

Journey into Mystery # 77 CGC 7.5 OW $275. Very cool pre-hero book that looks better then the assigned grade, were it not for the chip out of the upper right corner. Looks like an easy 8.5 or better otherwise.

Page 9:

Real Heroes # 1 (CGC 8.0 OW) $175

Superman # 33 (CGC 9.0 OW/W) $1,200 Featuring the 3rd appearance of Mxyztplk. Top Guide (9.2) is $1,850, of which there are two copies on the census, and no better. This is a very nice VF/NM, as the scans will show.

Superman # 72 (CGC 9.0 White) $1,000 This cool sci-fi cover is notoriously difficult to track down in high grade, which has made high grade samples sell for over Guide in the past. GPA records several sales of 9.0s in the $1,100-$1,300 range since 2005. White pages on this copy don't hurt either, and the back cover is very clean too (you can tell how white those pages are from the B/C)

Page 11:

ASM # 102 (CGC 9.6 White) $875 Really nice book.

Avengers # 26 (CGC 9.4 OW/W) $175

Avengers # 40 (CGC 9.4 OW/W) $150

Avengers # 66 (CGC 9.6 White) $275

Bone # 4 (CGC 9.8 White) $250

Cap # 120 (CGC 9.6 White) $175

Page 12:

Cap # 145 (CGC 9.4 White) $50 Okay, that miswrap is hideous...

Cap # 147 (CGC 9.6 OW/W) $135

Cap # 156 (CGC 9.6 OW/W) $135

Cap # 162 (CGC 9.6 CRM/OW) $60

Captain Marvel # 39 (CGC 9.8 OW/W) $50

Conan # 6 (CGC 9.6 OW/W) $195

Daredevil # 15 (CGC 9.6 CRM/OW) $395 I'd like to think this one is priced pretty fairly for a tightly graded old label book.

Daredevil # 53 9CGC 9.6 OW) $235

Page 13:

FF # 131 (CGC 9.6 White) $100

Fantastic Four # 178 (CGC 9.8 OW/W) $75

FF # 35 (CGC 9.0 CRM/OW) $165

Page 15:

ASM # 39 (CGC 9.4 White) $2,395 (A word about this book. It sold in the Pedigree Grand Auction for a steal, largely because the Spider-Mans were ending at 3:00pm EST on the Monday of a holiday week. Really, what percentage of potential buyers are placing their bids then? Anyway, the price is in GPA, but it, and my price, are still way below the average for this book the last few years. GPA records four other sales of this book in 9.4 this year between $2,800-$3,900.)

I think it's safe to say the score for tonight is....

Baby 1

HG Silver Age 0

lol

Hope everything is ok Jive and you're just dealing with a fussy baby. Look forward to tomorrow night.

p.s.- Enjoy these times! When they get older, they just cry harder and are harder to calm down! :/

Thanks Jason. It appears the baby's rear teeth are coming out, and she was in a lot of pain. Medicated her a bit, and she eventually was sleeping by 10:30pm. However, by that time, I was a mess and ready for bed myself.

Will get things rolling tonight around 9pm. Have about 20 books left to list, and then picking up a submission on Monday that I'll have listed by that evening.

The goal is to close the Thread by Tuesday abd get invoices out, so I can have 3 days to start getting packages ready for those paying with Paypal.

Okay, baby's asleep, but I have to run out and get something at Best Buy.

Start-up time will be around 10:00pm. Might now have much of an audience tonight, being Saturday, but at least I'll be here with beer and comics in hand. :whee:

Sounds like you have all the neccesities...... (thumbs u

Okay, baby's asleep, but I have to run out and get something at Best Buy.

Start-up time will be around 10:00pm. Might now have much of an audience tonight, being Saturday, but at least I'll be here with beer and comics in hand. :whee:

Beer at Best Buy? :shrug:

It's Florida, they've got drive-through beer distributors.

Yeah, I've seen some weird stuff down here. While 80% of the people you meet are actually "from up North", there's that 20% we call the Natives. Some very, um, "colorful" folks there.