• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need info on this comic I got please......

14 posts in this topic

Ok,

I don't know if it is considered a Golden Age Comic because I have the reprints of, "The Spirit by Will Eisner." They are in Black and White and in a factory polybag which contains 10 comic book sections. The Volume in number 4 and the first comic says Sunday, January 5, 1941. I know it also says Collector's edition 1973 Will Eisner.

I did some research and I used the search function. All I found out is that some guy called this the bootleg bag and its very rare.

Figure I would ask the most knowlegable people about comic books on the planet. Thanks guys in advance,

Jeff

Jeff,

They're B&W reprints that aren't rare at all. I have a couple of the volumes and they come up for auction from time to time. My guess is that file copies were bought up or they were part of some warehouse find as the copies tend to be in NM or better condition

http://www.atomicavenue.com/atomic/titledetail.aspx?TitleID=18054

Thanks Angelo,

These are still polybagged though. Does that mean anything??

Jeff

They're probably a little more attractive to a buyer that way. To me, they look like reprints from the 1980s or later. I think they should be opened up, read, and enjoyed! This is also a great time of year to give them to a 10-year-old nephew or niece or whatever.

Thanks Angelo,

Jeff

They're probably a little more attractive to a buyer that way. To me, they look like reprints from the 1980s or later. I think they should be opened up, read, and enjoyed! This is also a great time of year to give them to a 10-year-old nephew or niece or whatever.

It says 1973. I dont have any nieces or nephews or kids of my own so I figured I would just sell them. :)

It says 1973. I dont have any nieces or nephews or kids of my own so I figured I would just sell them. :)

Stick it on eBay as a high Buy-It-Now with Best Offer option, and see what kinds of offers you get.

If it works for people who put their $1.50 reprints of Action Comics #1 up for high prices...

I saw Major Inapak #1 sell for $90 once. (It's a warehouse-find promo comic from the 1950s -- basically the comic equivalent of "Be sure and drink your Ovaltine.")

I have seen them for sale for $15 or so. They probably sell for less too. Reprints of the Spirit aren't rare. They have been reprinted by Warren and Kitchen Sink as well as some early fanzine publications. Fun to read though. I kind of like the tabloid size Sunday Pages, also called Fun Books. Those are originals and not reprints however.

bb

Thanks Angelo,

Jeff

Not really. They usually come up for sale that way. It doesn't add more to their value. When I won the two volumes on eBay they were stilled bagged…and they sold for .99. You'll probably make enough to tip the strippers with, but not enough to make it rain ;)

Thanks Angelo,

Jeff

Not really. They usually come up for sale that way. It doesn't add more to their value. When I won the two volumes on eBay they were stilled bagged…and they sold for .99. You'll probably make enough to tip the strippers with, but not enough to make it rain ;)

:sorry:lol

Cool, thanks guys.