• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan#1 (2004) Help me find it!!!

38 posts in this topic

My LCS has a few more copies left, I will see If I can grab a couple for you.

Really? My LCS has 2 left... now selling at $8 a pop. foreheadslap.gif

893whatthe.gif

Dropped by there before the damn snow started coming down, picked up another 1/2 dozen for cover - 15% discount 893naughty-thumb.gif

Thanks to other peoples help on the board I think I am gonna be able to get some copies now. Conan#1 is one of the first new comics I've wanted to pick up in awhile. So you can see I was a little bit dismayed when I went to the local comic store and they were sold out!

I do indeed still have copies available. And I would do five of them at $3.50 each plus shipping if you are interested.

'House

Why that's outrageous..... blush.gif.......profiteering $2.50 for 5 books that were printed last month!!!...you sir are no gentleman,.....my advise is to just sit tight and wait till I get my CGC copies back and I will gladly sell you a 9.6 for $75.00

Here's the variant cover for the 2nd printing of Conan #1...

Ugh - that cover is just plain awful - just compare it to any cover of Savage Sword of Conan and tell me I'm wrong. Campbell really ought to stick to Danger Girl - this cover looks like some POS from a Top Cow book. I was no big fan of the Linsner cover to the first printing, either. I agree with the reviewer from TheFourthRail.com who said that they should have just had Cary Nord do the covers.

Gene

Ugh - that cover is just plain awful - just compare it to any cover of Savage Sword of Conan and tell me I'm wrong.

Herein lies the problem, Gene - you are comparing it to Frazetta art and Campbell is no Frazetta; but in the same way, Frazetta is no Campbell either. If you were expecting Frazetta to do the 2nd print variant cover, then I understand why you'd be sorely disappointed.

Campbell really ought to stick to Danger Girl - this cover looks like some POS from a Top Cow book.

Some folks actually prefer this cartoony artwork sorry.gif Campbell has been all over covers from Top Cow, to Devil's Due, Marvel, DC and now Dark Horse. I don't think Campbell is ever going back to interior art and at this point in his career is served best by doing variant covers from all publishers. I guess you didn't care for the Campbell variant covers on G. I Joe?

I'm not comparing it to Frazetta's art - I'm comparing it to anyone who drew Conan the way he was supposed to be drawn - realistic and heroic - whether it be Frazetta, BWS, Buscema, Kane, Kaluta, Boris, Norem, Isherwood, etc. etc. Conan is an iconic character and deserves better than to be drawn in some quasi-manga cartoony style that looks like it's being marketed to Japanese schoolgirls and teenage fanboys. Campbell's covers on ASM I don't mind. Campbell drawing the ugliest face on Conan that I have ever seen (runner-up is the not-as-bad, but still bad Linsner cover), combined with horrible anatomical proportions and two girls that look like they came out of a Mad Magazine Conan parody - that I do mind. A lot.

I own the 1st 3 GI Joe TPBs with Campbell covers - those covers are truly some of the ugliest artwork I have ever seen.

Gene