• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Collector Stereotypes

83 posts in this topic

What are some of the things your non-collector friends/family assume about you or other comic book guys ?

Perhaps people assume you live in your parents basement ?

The one I get all the time is I must watch/love Star Trek. My brother in-law always seem to try to bring up Star Trek lol I love Star Wars dammit Star Wars :mad: Not that bald geek and his lame friends !

Pony tails, stuck in the past, cruise around chat forums non stop, etc. Er. Wait....
Roy is a stereotypical Canadian.

If you had said circa 1984 then you might be correct.

:P

Fat, indolent, grotesque, nerdy, lazy, housebound, geeky, apolitical, less, clueless, arrested, smelly, socially inept, obsessive, solipsistic, irrationally nostalgic, cosplaying, ill-fitting tee-shirt wearing, unshaven, breadstick-armed, black-hearted dwarfs.

Fat, indolent, grotesque, nerdy, lazy, housebound, geeky, apolitical, less, clueless, arrested, smelly, socially inept, obsessive, solipsistic, irrationally nostalgic, cosplaying, ill-fitting tee-shirt wearing, unshaven, breadstick-armed, black-hearted dwarfs.

:o

And the latest in my line of Sig line quotes has been born. :luhv:

:o

Note that that isn't my opinion. Just the general one that people have of us. We're all just fine. :banana:

I left out surly and drunk. :cry:

That's just Gav.

THIS....in a black t-shirt.

(thumbs u

That's just Gav.

:acclaim:

When people find out that I collect comics it's a total shock because I don't have the appearance of a comic collector.

Normally Police Officers don't give a rats arse about comics...they just like guns.

To me, I get the best of the both worlds. Guns and Comics.

When people find out that I collect comics it's a total shock because I don't have the appearance of a comic collector.

Normally Police Officers don't give a rats arse about comics...they just like guns.

Really - I prefer women to guns, but each to their own. :insane:

Comics are still cool though. (thumbs u

Really - I prefer women to guns, but each to their own. :insane:

Comics are still cool though. (thumbs u

Considering I've been married for almost ten years the whole WOMEN part would be a little hard to explain to my wife.