• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are early Valiants making a comeback?

98 posts in this topic

I still have those 20 runs of Pre-Unity Valiant and the 20 of EACH GOLD BOOK I actually earned with knowledge of each character at that time.

I wonder just how many people are sitting on pre-unity runs waiting for the 25 year reffect to kick in... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm new here, and actually just began thinking of selling my Valiant books. I have a near complete collection and a near ruined collection (with the exception of a couple of books). As Valiantman said, those books were for reading and I must have read each of them 50 times. Sadly losing the cover on more than one highpriced #1 issues (such as Magnus, although I later got a second copy of Magnus #1, its not in great shape but not too bad). I won't give you my whole life story (although I know Steve Massarsky personally and speak to him very often). I have a few (3, I think) Armorines 0, Golds, is it worth putting them on ebay? They aren't in mint condition (nothing I have is in mint condition). I also have some of the Nintendo comics, from before they put out the superhero line, are they worth anything?

-DJtheDJ

have a few (3, I think) Armorines 0, Golds, is it worth putting them on ebay? They aren't in mint condition (nothing I have is in mint condition).

To be honest, with comics this new, unless they are in at least NM condition it won't be worth your while putting them up on eBay.

have a few (3, I think) Armorines 0, Golds, is it worth putting them on ebay? They aren't in mint condition (nothing I have is in mint condition).

To be honest, with comics this new, unless they are in at least NM condition it won't be worth your while putting them up on eBay.

I agree with Blowout... eBay might be a lot of pain/work for little gain.

You could try the "Buy / Sell / Trade" section on ValiantComics.com message boards.

http://www.ValiantComics.com

choose "The Boards" for the messageboards,

"The Guide" for the price guide,

or "The Comics" for a visual reference of your books.

As usual, people tend to pay more when they can get a nice scan

of the books for sale, so if you've got a scanner, that will help.

I've been toying with the idea of handling consignment through my website,

but I'm pretty sure people won't want to send their books to me when the

cost of shipping is going to offset a lot of their profits from the books.

I have a few (3, I think) Armorines 0, Golds, is it worth putting them on ebay? They aren't in mint condition (nothing I have is in mint condition). I also have some of the Nintendo comics, from before they put out the superhero line, are they worth anything?

I have to agree with both Blowout and Valiantman. Several months ago, I sold Signature Series copies of both versions of Armorines #0 (9.6 & 9.4) and they didn't sell for much. One of them, I believe, I had to relist which sold the second time. I think they sold for about $20-30. The pre-Unity golds are definitely a better sell, if you have some and want to off-load them. But again, they pretty much have to be high grades.

...The pre-Unity golds are definitely a better sell...

Sorry to have to contradict this one... but "pre-Unity golds" isn't a correct description

since there were no gold books in pre-Unity times.

(Unless you count Archer & Armstrong #0 Gold, dated one month before Unity,

but I'm not sure it was actually distributed before the Unity books.)

At any rate, the X-O 0 Gold has been selling for more lately...

since X-O is one of the more popular original Valiant characters.

(Armorines, not-so-much.) grin.gif

DJ, those full chromium covers are nearly indestructible...

what happened to your X-O 0 Gold that made it so much less than near mint?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Unity cards aren't a big deal, unfortunately. Unopened boxes are about $5-$10.

Well, you see Valiantman, the mistake my family made was making me the keeper of the comics. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I had a Magnus 21 Gold, but... the Gold cover graces the local dump, in plenty of pieces befoe it ever left my house. I still have the regular cover version intact, I think. So you see, I was born in 84, that makes me about 7 when the Nintendo comics started and about 13 (maybe a bit older) when I stopped picking troublemakers off the shelf. All of my comics are kept in piles, not boxes; most of them loose (aside from a chaos red, signed by Bernard Chang and a half dozen other "special" comics) Thus, I can't promise without checking (I only go home on weekends) that even a chrome cover is in decent condition. Although if there are things that you are looking for (remember my Steve Massarsky connection- about right before Massarsky ran away from the debris that was the Valiant Universe, he told my Uncle that a full set of Valiants _might_ get ten bucks on the street) so that Uncle probably still has his stuff in good condition (I don't know what he has but he kept his stuff more carefully than I kept mine). So thats my life story and why I am missing so many covers on valuable comics.

By the way, I took a look over your website, aren't you missing a few things? Most obviously, you make no mention of the "Bad Eggs." Yes it was a pointless way of telling the public that there was a huge change that was going to take place, but doesn't it count as a comic (hey, you counted PunX)? Also, what about Bar Sinister and the Magic line, do they not count because they weren't under the valiant name? (And once you do that what about the Baywatch comics, the Sliders series, and Starslayer (etc.)?)

Secondly, in terms of Valiant apparel, you seem to have forgotten about the Solar shirt, did you?

Sorry for rambling, sometimes I get carried away when talking about Valiant.

-DJtheDJ

By the way, I took a look over your website, aren't you missing a few things? Most obviously, you make no mention of the "Bad Eggs." Yes it was a pointless way of telling the public that there was a huge change that was going to take place, but doesn't it count as a comic (hey, you counted PunX)? Also, what about Bar Sinister and the Magic line, do they not count because they weren't under the valiant name? (And once you do that what about the Baywatch comics, the Sliders series, and Starslayer (etc.)?)

Secondly, in terms of Valiant apparel, you seem to have forgotten about the Solar shirt, did you?

Sorry for rambling, sometimes I get carried away when talking about Valiant.

-DJtheDJ

I've limited the site to books with the Valiant logo (1991-1996)

or the "Acclaim Comics Valiant Heroes" logo (1997-2000).

All of the books you listed are either

"Armada", "Windjammer", or just "Acclaim".

I'd prefer to limit the site to just Valiant 1991-1996, but since the

"Acclaim Comics Valiant Heroes" line re-uses a lot of the same titles

(even though the characters are totally different), I've given in and included those.

Solar shirt, sure, we can add it to the list... got a photo?

...The pre-Unity golds are definitely a better sell...

Sorry to have to contradict this one... but "pre-Unity golds" isn't a correct description

since there were no gold books in pre-Unity times.

(Unless you count Archer & Armstrong #0 Gold, dated one month before Unity,

but I'm not sure it was actually distributed before the Unity books.)

At any rate, the X-O 0 Gold has been selling for more lately...

since X-O is one of the more popular original Valiant characters.

(Armorines, not-so-much.) grin.gif

DJ, those full chromium covers are nearly indestructible...

what happened to your X-O 0 Gold that made it so much less than near mint?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Unity cards aren't a big deal, unfortunately. Unopened boxes are about $5-$10.

Is the Turok Gold worth anything?

Is the Turok Gold worth anything?

Currently averaging around $15 (including shipping) on Ebay.

(That's about the same as it's been for 5 years...)

I'm not sure what's going on with the X-O #0 Gold, though...

Check these out ($75+):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2236965451

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2238129473

Even the most recent book was $45+...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2235877402

This book has averaged around $20-$25 for five years...

I can't really explain the recent surge...

It's probably CGC's fault, but I'm not exactly sure how. grin.gif

(P.S. Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me... etc.)