• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Action 1

11 posts in this topic

I thought I'd post this for Ian. Double Action 1 does exist. It is an ashcan that was located in 1979 with a group of 4 white cover/ paged Double Action 2's. It is saddle stitched with the first and last page missing and it had a B/W cover. I just found the information to back it up. This comes from Overstreet issue 10 pg A-19 and pg. 96. You mentioned that you were making a recreation of a "Gerber 11" so I thought this might help.

Best Rip... hi.gif

I thought I'd post this for Ian. Double Action 1 does exist. It is an ashcan that was located in 1979 with a group of 4 white cover/ paged Double Action 2's. It is saddle stitched with the first and last page missing and it had a B/W cover. I just found the information to back it up. This comes from Overstreet issue 10 pg A-19 and pg. 96. You mentioned that you were making a recreation of a "Gerber 11" so I thought this might help.

Best Rip... hi.gif

blush.gif I thought Ian already had a copy made...but it's got a color cover...

Yea I saw.....he got that cover scan from an unknown source. It has been questioned if the scan was the real thing or not. But variations of Ash-Cans do exist so it could still be real. confused-smiley-013.gif

It is an ashcan that was located in 1979 with a group of 4 white cover/ paged Double Action 2's. It is saddle stitched with the first and last page missing and it had a B/W cover.

Yes but what was actually on the cover ???

It may be different from the colour cover. The ashcan covers were all different to the eventual covers, and I am certain that the colour artwork is genuine, although cannot be certain if it ever got as far as being printed. But the number 2 certainly did.

I need to find out what was on this artwork of the black and white ashcan of this number one.

I thought I'd post this for Ian. Double Action 1 does exist. It is an ashcan that was located in 1979 with a group of 4 white cover/ paged Double Action 2's. It is saddle stitched with the first and last page missing and it had a B/W cover. I just found the information to back it up. This comes from Overstreet issue 10 pg A-19 and pg. 96.

And where is it now, and who has it ????

The best I could tell you is talk to the BIG man Bob Overstreet maybe he has it in his records still? But, I'll keep lookin for a photo

It may be just the black and white drawing of the occult type cover, with the ghoul pointing a skeletal finger, and the dog barking at the moon.

The best I could tell you is talk to the BIG man Bob Overstreet maybe he has it in his records still? But, I'll keep lookin for a photo. thumbsup2.gif

sign-offtopic.gif

Is Bob O. a member of this forum???...

Ian one suggestion would be to continue to look through old Overstreets and CBM's etc. There is a real wealth of knowledge in those things. I found a bunch of Overstreet's from 8-14 at my parents house and a box of almost most every issue of the monthly Overstreet. Priceless stuff. smile.gifcloud9.gif