• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Say what you want about Chuck, but...

24 posts in this topic

... I love looking at these pictures. Timely's post about the time machine got me thinking. Can you imagine what it must have felt like to catalogue the Edgar Church collection back in 1977 when Chuck discovered it?

chuck2.gif

chuck1.gif

I would have been tempted to keep that Action 1 and Batman comic for my own personal collection. After thinking about it, yes, I would keep those two and never sell them. Bank Vault they would recognize as their home. For years. hi.gif

What does this have to do with the comic market crash? Nothing! Take this Off-topic post elsewhere! mad.gif

tongue.gif

Those pics are incredible! shocked.gif I think we'd all have a near heart attack if we were sitting in that room.

You know what I say about Chuck is always the same, he won the ultimate comic book lottery and thats about it - hes the Don King of the comic book world, well every industry's gotta have one. confused.gif

You know what I say about Chuck is always the same, he won the ultimate comic book lottery and thats about it - hes the Don King of the comic book world, well every industry's gotta have one. confused.gif

To quote Mr. King (he'd win the cage match with Chuck for worst hair IMO), 27_laughing.gif

"Only in America!"

I don't know, I am thinking he won the ultimate comic lottery and blew it. grin.gif

It was quite the thrill seeing Edgar Church comics shortly after he got them. Being friends with Chuck has it's advantages! I still can't get over it. There's really no words to describe a find as incredible as that. cloud9.gif

It was quite the thrill seeing Mile High comics shortly after he got them. Being friends with Chuck has it's advantages! I still can't get over it. There's really no words to describe a find as incredible as that. cloud9.gif

how about RIPOFF!

hey ghoulaid, go check out the way books are displayed at the main store here in Denver... beautiful books bending in half in half cleaned cases! Where's Chuck when you need him?

Dan.

I try never to pull out old material, but here is a special look at Chuck going over the list of books with Edgar Church.

I want to see the part where Edgar chokes Chuckles to within an inch of his life. 893applaud-thumb.gif

hey ghoulaid, go check out the way books are displayed at the main store here in Denver... beautiful books bending in half in half cleaned cases! Where's Chuck when you need him?

Dan.

I think I've been to that store once (maybe twice) in my life. Perhaps I'll go check it out! By the way, have you been to see the original art display at the Mizel Center? Originals by Eisner, Kirby, Adams, Crandell, Shuster, DITKO, Lou Fine, Wood, Frazetta, etc, etc,. Everyone in the Denver area MUST go see this show! smile.gif

hey man, I've been three times to this display!!! i'm lucky

enough to know some folks that run the joint and have been

in there on my own! my god, the frazetta buster crabbe is

amazing!

Dan.