• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why would he sign this??

46 posts in this topic

As cool an artist as he is, Trimpe had nothing to do with this series and really didn't do much work on Spider-man...so why would CGC allow this to be signed by him?

!B2h71(w!mk~$(KGrHqYOKjQE)UfLJHN+BMi7DdMbNQ~~_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-SUPER-HEROES-SECRET-WARS-8-1ST-CGC-SS-6-0-/260711431936?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb39cbf00

And yes, $250 is waaaaaay to much for this book! :makepoint:

Well, well, well, you could argue that Wolverine is a participant of the Secret Wars, and Trimpe participated in Wolverine's 1st appearance, so. . .?

In any case, I'm not buying the book, so it makes no difference to me!

Thats a stretch :P

so why would CGC allow this to be signed by him?

I didn't realize CGC had veto power on what gets signed...?

I thought if someone was willing to pay for SS, and the person signing would sign the book, it was a done deal. Didn't realize CGC could say "no." (shrug)

I thought if someone was willing to pay for SS, and the person signing would sign the book, it was a done deal. Didn't realize CGC could say "no." (shrug)

As far as I know, CGC will only SS a book if the signer had something to do with it (unless your initials are SL that is!)

As far as I know, CGC will only SS a book if the signer had something to do with it (unless your initials are SL that is!)

Well then ya don't know much! :foryou:

Merry X Mas

Merry X Mas

Oh no? Why dont you educate me then, am i wrong on that point? Can any artist/creator sign whatever book they want even if they havent the remotest thing to do with it and itll get SS'd?

Merry X Mas

Oh no? Why dont you educate me then, am i wrong on that point? Can any artist/creator sign whatever book they want even if they havent the remotest thing to do with it and itll get SS'd?

Yup

I had John Romita Sr sign an Amazing Spider-man 36 and I got it SS'd even though he never worked on it!

And what about all those Sketch covers

Merry X Mas

Yup

I had John Romita Sr sign an Amazing Spider-man 36 and I got it SS'd even though he never worked on it!

Thats a good point about the sketch covers...but i know i read somewhere in this forum that CGC wouldn't allow a book to be SS'd if the signer didn't have something to do with it.

Well, well, well, you could argue that Wolverine is a participant of the Secret Wars, and Trimpe participated in Wolverine's 1st appearance, so. . .?

...and Wolverine is Canadian, and they have Canadian Bacon, which is related to Kevin Bacon. :acclaim:

Merry X Mas

Yup

Thats a good point about the sketch covers...but i know i read somewhere in this forum that CGC wouldn't allow a book to be SS'd if the signer didn't have something to do with it.

I don't know about that but I do know that CGC wont Slab a book if the artist does not want his sig slabbed anymore.. See David Macchuzelli (SP?)

Well the interesting thing about free commerce is anybody can refuse anyone service for any reason. Until the nazi's take over the US I think it will stay that way.

Really? So CGC can refuse service to people of a certain race or religion and that's just fine here in the USA?